[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Shakespeare Festival Returns to the Parks!

keith kornajcik keithkorn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 09:48:28 PDT 2022

 Thanks to everyone who came out for the first half of our 25th Anniversary
Season with “Hamlet”. But as we all know, there’s no rest for the wicked,
and so, we return!

For our second show of the season, The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival is
proud to bring you “*The Learned Ladies”, *by master French comic
playwright *Moliere! *Our production features a translation by *Timothy
Mooney *and is directed by *Keira McDonald.*

As Shakespeare was to England, Molière was to France (though admittedly,
Molière spent far more time in prison for this art). *The Learned Ladies*,
a satirical masterpiece as the last of Molière's great plays, sees young
Henriette in love, but not with the gentleman her mother and sister want
her to marry. Will Henriette stay with her true love, or be forced to wed
at the whim of her family?

*The Learned Ladies *will perform at parks and other public spaces across
Northeast Ohio in the coming weeks. All performances start at *7 p.m.
(unless otherwise noted) *and are *FREE! *Remember to bring a lawn chair or
blanket AND a picnic to maximize your experience!

*The Learned Ladies*

*Friday, July 22: Cleveland Heights/Coventry P.E.A.C.E Park*

*Saturday, July 23: Lakewood/Lakewood Park*

*Sunday, July 24: Berea/Coe Lake Park*

*Friday, July 29: Downtown Cleveland/Public Square*

*Saturday, July 30: Mentor/James a. Garfield Historic Site*

*Sunday, July 31: Lorain/Black River Landing*

*Friday, August 5: Euclid/Sims Park*

*Saturday, August 6: Tremont/Lincoln Park*

*Sunday, August 7: Lakeside/Lakeside Chautauqua (6 p.m. start)*

All of our performances are *FREE *but donations are gladly accepted to
help continue our work! Donations can be made via cash or credit card after
each performance or can be made online at our website.

Visit *cleveshakes.com *
<https://cleveshakes.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=609d7d7137b1080f5da35c7b1&id=6ed90b0207&e=691518bbaa>
for more information!