[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Still Seeking Directors for 2023-2024 Season

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:45:17 PDT 2022

July 22, 2022

Thank you to those directors who have already submitted applications to
direct at Workshop Players Theater in the 2023-2024 season.

We welcome further applications.  We are starting from scratch with this
process and need full applications, with thanks to all.  *The deadline for
applying is 10 days away …August 1, 2022.  *

*Due to the cost of production Workshop Players would do no more than one
musical in a season, so if submitting musicals also include some straight
plays to increase your chance of being chosen to direct.*  We would love
Christmas plays, children’s plays, plays that are not necessarily
standards.  We love comedies, but don’t shy away from dramas.  How about
melodramas?  How about mysteries?  Let’s engage our audiences!

*Please submit to Play Reading Committee Chair Pat Price at*
joeandpatprice at centurytel.net

**if you have NOT directed with us before, please include a theatrical
resume *

**SUBMIT 4-5 PLAYS OR MUSICALS  that you would be interested in directing
at Workshop, along with a synopsis of the play (*may be copied and pasted
from licensing agent)*.  *

***

**Give a brief summary of why you believe the play would be effective in
our unique theater-in-the-round space.   *

**Please be prepared to have at least one copy of each script available for
the play reading committee should you be selected as one of the directors. *

Workshop Players Theater is a non-profit, fully volunteer theater.  It is
the longest-running theater-in-the-round in Ohio (minus the pandemic
break).  We have a strong following in the surrounding community and hope
that you would like to be part of our theatre family.

Submitting directors may be interviewed by the Board of Trustees in August.

>From directors’ submissions, we will strive to put together a balanced
season.   We strongly believe that directors who have an investment in the
plays they send to us is important, which is why we ask for your lists
instead of choosing a season then looking to find directors.  We hope that
you embrace this approach.

Thank you for your interest in our theater.

Pat Price

Play Reading Committee Chair

Workshop Players Theater

Amherst, OH  44001

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001