[NEohioPAL] Imposters Theater Announces New Improv & Comedy Writing Classes and Workshops

Imposters Comedy imposterscomedy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:30:34 PDT 2022

*Imposters Theater Announces New Classes & Workshops*
*Creating Comedic Characters Workshop with Michael Busch*
Wednesday 07/27 7pm $0-$30
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=64c72e586d&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This workshop will go over basic comedic structure, ways to find
inspiration for characters, and how to pitch your idea. Everyone will have
a chance to pitch a character idea, get feedback from the instructor and
the group, and come out of it with a solid plan to bring your character to
life.
*Workshop Your Comedy Writing Workshop with Michael Busch*
Thursday 07/28 7pm Pay-what-you-can
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=d2759ea8cf&e=8aeda9a7f9>
It’s a workshop workshop! Bring in 3-5 minutes of comedy - stand up,
character, sketch, story, whatever - to read/perform, and get immediate
notes/feedback from the instructor and others in a writers room setting. It
doesn’t have to be fully written out - you can have partial ideas to pitch
if you want feedback on them.
*Joke Writing Workshop with Michael Busch & Kevin Bain*
Wednesday 08/03 7pm $0-30
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=215a7577c1&e=8aeda9a7f9>
In this two hour workshop we will go over ways to find topics and generate
ideas, comedic joke structure, and you will get a chance to workshop some
of your jokes in a writers room setting. If you have jokes written that
you’d like to workshop you can bring those in; you can also workshop jokes
you write on the day.
*Take Up Space: An Improv Workshop for Women with Deena Nyer Mendlowitz*
Sunday 08/07 3:15pm $30
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=856d3942ba&e=8aeda9a7f9>
For woman improvisers only, a workshop that encourages strong choices, big
moves, and owning the stage. We'll do exercises, scenes, and sets where we
stretch ourselves and challenge our comfort zone all in a supportive and
fun environment.
*Sketch Comedy Writing Level 1 with Michael Busch*
Wednesdays 7-9pm Beginning 08/10 $210
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=c06afd916c&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Whether you’re looking to put together a sketch packet, level up your
TikTok comedy, perform live sketch comedy, or just have a fun collaborative
writing experience, this class is for you!
*Try Improv! Workshop with Kim Pride*
Thursday 08/11 7pm $30
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=4894b97575&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This is a welcoming, fun workshop for absolute beginners run by one of our
veteran performer/instructors.
*Improv Level 1 with Michael Busch*
Thursdays 7-9pm Beginning 08/18 $210
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=985bb0a65c&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This course is an introduction to long-form improvisation, based on the
style developed by The iO Theater and The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.
We will start with a focus on the fundamentals - agreement, listening, and
support - as well as the thing that should come across in every scene: the
fun.