[NEohioPAL] SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN in 35mm at the Cinematheque!

Genevieve Schwartz gbschwartz at cia.edu
Mon Oct 10 13:11:34 PDT 2022

FYI: SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN shows in 35mm next Friday and Saturday at the Cleveland Institute of Art Cinematheque, 11610 Euclid Ave. Tickets are $13; $10 for CIA/CSU I.D. holders, Cinematheque members, and those age 25 & under.

Friday, October 21, at 7:00 pm &

Saturday, October 22, at 6:55 pm

Film Classics in 35mm!

Demoted Masterpieces

SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN

USA, 1952, Stanley Donen, Gene Kelly

Widely regarded as the best screen musical ever made, Singin’ in the Rain was voted one of the 10 best films ever made in the 1982 and 2002 Sight & Sound “greatest movies” polls. Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, and Donald O’Connor star in the picture, a spirited, satiric, and very funny tale of 1920s Hollywood during the bumpy transition to talkies. Boasting unforgettable musical numbers, it was written by the estimable team of Betty Comden and Adolph Green (On the Town, The Band Wagon, et al.). 35mm. 102 min. Special admission $13; members, CIA & CSU I.D. holders, and those age 25 & under $10. No passes.

Face masks, though always recommended, must be worn by filmgoers only when the CDC’s community risk level for Covid in Cuyahoga County is HIGH. Visit cia.edu/covid<https://www.cia.edu/about-us/safety-security/smart-return-to-school#Vaccination-CIA-Visitors> for the current community risk level and see the “Face Coverings<https://www.cia.edu/about-us/safety-security/smart-return-to-school#Face-Coverings>” section for our detailed mask requirements.

As a reminder, filmgoers can park for free in Lot 73 and in the Institute's annex lot, and should enter CIA via nearby Entrance C. Click here<https://www.cia.edu/files/resources/18-19cinemap-parkingjune12.jpg> for a map.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

See our film schedule for details. https://www.cia.edu/cinematheque/film-schedule/2022/10/singin-in-the-rain
Thank you,
Genevieve Schwartz
Cinematheque Assistant Director