[NEohioPAL] Imposters Theater - Upcoming Improv & Acting Classes/Workshops

Imposters Comedy imposterscomedy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:44:30 PDT 2022

*Imposters Theater**Upcoming Classes & Workshops **(Check out our full
schedule here) <https://www.imposterstheater.com/>*Hello, new friend - sign
up for our email newsletter here
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=4504304f82&e=8aeda9a7f9>
*Improv Level 1 with Michael Busch*
Tuesdays 7-9pm Beginning 10/25/22
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=4fa974ff43&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This course is an introduction to long-form improvisation, based on the
style developed by The iO Theater and The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.
We will start with a focus on the fundamentals - agreement, listening, and
support - as well as the thing that should come across in every scene: the
fun.
*Improv Level 2 with Michael Busch*
Thursdays 7-9pm Beginning 10/20/22
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=3fca0d0c01&e=8aeda9a7f9>
In this class we will focus on:
-Recognizing and playing the game of the scene organically
-Performing detailed, interesting monologue openings based on a suggestion
-Pulling information from monologues
-Constructing solid premise based initiations based on information from
monologues
-Getting your idea across to your scene partner
*The Long and Short of It: An Improv Workshop with Deena Nyer Mendlowitz*
Sunday 10/29 4:15-6:15pm
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=3766fb0a81&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Come enjoy this fun and helpful workshop that will focus on how short form
and long form improv skills can benefit each other, how you can use short
form skills to make long form more playful and how you can use longform to
make your short form more grounded. Let's play.
*Become an Oscar-Winning Improvisor: An Improv Workshop with Jo Rou*
Saturday 4:15-6:16pm11/05/22
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=61c020afb8&e=8aeda9a7f9>
So you're a funny person who knows the basics of improv, awesome! Now learn
how to command the stage in this workshop so you can transport yourself and
your audience to the furthest depths that your imaginations can take you.
In this workshop we will work on genuine, truthful, sometimes dramatic
scene work and how to become the characters in your sets.
*From Page to Stage: 4-Week Performance Workshop with Gregory James*
Saturdays 12-2pm 11/12/22-12/03/22
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=64bbb5b697&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This workshop is perfect for sketch writers looking to punch up their work,
improv performers looking to make their characters and performances more
dynamic, and actors looking to work more in depth withthe genre of comedy.