[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS - THE LAST STARFIGHTER - Blank Canvas Theatre

info blankcanvastheatre.com info at blankcanvastheatre.com
Wed Oct 12 23:37:12 PDT 2022

Blank Canvas Theatre

Auditions for

THE CLEVELAND PREMIERE

of

THE LAST STARFIGHTER

Book by Fred Landau

Music & Lyrics by Skip Kennon

Based on the Screenplay by Jonathan Betuel

Directed by Patrick Ciamacco

Music Direction by Bradley Wyner

If Interested: Email Patrick at blankcanvastheatre.com<mailto:Patrick at blankcanvastheatre.com> (include "The Last Starfighter" in the subject) to sign up for auditions and include your ideal time for auditioning. Otherwise, we will just assign you the best available slot. We will do our best to accommodate you.

*If you cannot make auditions please email us your headshot and resume for consideration. If possible, submit a video audition for consideration. We do our best to see and consider additional people, but attending auditions is always ideal.

Audition Date: Saturday October 15

Time: 1:00pm-5:00pm (Time slots will be assigned every 5 minutes)

What to prepare:  Please prepare two contrasting 32 bars or short songs. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring a headshot and resume to auditions. Headshots and resumes are appreciated, but not required.

Performance Dates: December 2 - 17. Shows will be Thursday-Sunday. Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 8pm. Sunday performances will be at 7pm.  (Show will open on a Friday night and close on a Saturday night)

Rehearsals: Begin November 1. Rehearsals will be Sundays-Thursdays. Typically 7pm-10pm, though Sundays are usually 6pm-10pm.

Pay: Blank Canvas Theatre dedicates 20% of the net profit to the cast of each show. The cast splits this evenly.

*At this time there are no AEA Contracts for this show. However, we may explore the option if needed.

Location:

Blank Canvas Theatre

 1305 West 78th Street, Suite 211 (at 78th Street Studios)

Cleveland, OH 44102

(Click here<http://www.blankcanvastheatre.com/directions/> for directions or visit our website at www.blankcanvastheatre.com<http://www.blankcanvastheatre.com/>)

The Story

Teenager Alex Rogan lives a hard-working, unrewarded life. But when he breaks the record for the video game that sits in his trailer park, he discovers worlds he never knew existed-literally-and they are at war. With the evil Zur and his Ko-Dan Armada threatening to overrun the forces of good, the video game's inventor, alien huckster Centauri, enlists Alex to fight for the Star League, leaving Beta, a body double droid, in his place. As the Beta does his often comically inept best to be a good "Alex" to the teen's mother, brother, the residents of the trailer park and his beloved girlfriend Maggie-all the while thwarting shape-shifting assassins-Alex soars through space as the universe's last hope. He'll need to reach deep within himself to discover his true potential and save us all.

Character Breakdown

The age range for each character is flexible and ALL ethnicities and body types will be considered. The below character tracks may be changed or altered based on those that audition.

NEEDED: (6 F, 9 M)

ALEX / BETA (Male, 18-30) The hero of our story. A simple trailer park kid who may be the last chance to save the universe. Beta is a droid double of Alex placed on Earth by Centauri while the real Alex is away.

CENTAURI (Male, 35-70) alien inventor and con man. Robert Preston played him in the film.

MAGGIE / ALIEN RECRUIT (Female, 18-30) Alex's love interest. Strong and confident but afraid to leave the world she has grown up in.

OTIS / GRIG (Male, 35-70) Ideally African American. Otis runs the general store. A father figure/confidant to Alex. Otis occasionally narrates to the audience. Grig is two or three years older than Centauri, his brother. A respected Star League navigator.

MRS. ROGAN / ALIEN RECRUIT (Female, 34-60) Alex's mother. This actor may also play an alien recruit.

LOUIS / ALIEN RECRUIT (Male 12-25) smart-alecky beyond his years. Alex's brother.

BLAKE / ZUR (Male, 18-35) Alex's nemesis on Earth. But also plays Zur Leader of the Ko-Dan Armada, Alex's nemesis in space.

GRANN / ALIEN TREASURER / ALIEN MEDIC 1 (Female, 50-70) Maggie's grandmother.

ELAINE / THE MANZAR / ALIEN MEDIC 2 (Female, 35-70) nosy neighbor type. Tentacle-footed angry alien turns out to be a spy for Zur.

HARRY / ENDURAN / ZANDOZAN (Male, 35-60) alien hitman, Leader of the Star League, Zur's father.

DARLENE / ZUR'S ASSISTANT / ALIEN RECRUIT (Female, 18-35) One of the Trailer Park Teens and a Ko-Dan underling.

JERRY / G'NUR / BETA DOUBLE/ DROID ROBOT (Male, 18-35) One of the Trailer Park Teens. G'Nur is Zur's tutor. Being tortured by Zur. This actor also plays Beta Double in the Zandozan song.

HUGH / KO-DAN GENERAL KRIL (Male, 30 to 40) a bit older than Parak and Zur. A career Ko-Dan general.

JENNY / SERGEANT TAURA / MISS JULY (Female, 18-35) Blake's girlfriend and one of the trailer park teens. Sergeant Taura greets Alex at his arrival on Rylos. Miss July is a beauty queen.

MARTY / KO-DAN LT. PARAK (Male, 18-35) One of the Trailer Park Teens. Lt. Parak is on the young side, but an ambitious Ko-Dan warrior.

 If you have any questions feel free to contact us at patrick at blankcanvastheatre.com<mailto:patrick at blankcanvastheatre.com>. We look forward to seeing you at auditions!