[NEohioPAL] Fringe Festival Call for Artists!

Dale Heinen dale at borderlightcle.org
Tue Dec 13 11:38:22 PST 2022

BorderLight Fringe Festival 2023 announces a  Call for Artists<https://www.borderlightcle.org/apply/> (closes Feb. 28)!

The BorderLight Festival returns in 2023 with our first all-Fringe festival and we invite you to apply! This continental festival will take place over three days in late July or early August (dates tbc soon!). In previous years, BorderLight was a biennial festival, bringing national and international artists to Cleveland. In summer of 2023, instead of going dark in the 'off' year, we are creating an all-fringe festival focused on domestic artists. (International work will return in 2024!) You bring your work, while BorderLight provides a venue, box office, marketing support, and free events like an Opening Night Party and a Fringe Awards Ceremony. 70% of box office revenue is returned to artists. Plus, see all the Fringe you want! See other shows in the festival for free on a standby basis.

The BorderLight Fringe Festival will take place in the Playhouse Square neighborhood of downtown Cleveland and feature half local artists. We welcome your proposals to produce plays, puppetry, circus, comedy, immersive experiences, cabaret, burlesque, dance theatre, etc. Please also consider the Fringe if you are a choreographer, installation artist, site-specific visionary, movement practitioner, virtual reality creator, musician, or any creative who wants to explore performance and storytelling! You can also propose to offer a masterclass or present work in development.

For information and to apply, visit:
https://www.borderlightcle.org/apply/

P.S. Don't forget to tell a friend about the Fringe!