[NEohioPAL] AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT: DANCING THROUGH THE DECADES

Josh Landis jlandis608 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:41:03 PST 2023

*AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT*

Academy For Dramatic Arts is presenting *Dancing Through the Decades *on
April 21st-23rd , directed by Josh Landis. This production will be nothing
like you have ever seen before because YOU ALL are the writers. AFDA wants
to test you to your limits. You will be participating in brainstorming
sessions to write and produce this musical. AFDA prides itself on being a
safe place for students to learn and be creative in the arts. If you are in
4th-12th grade and want to write a play and perform, please come to our
open auditions on January 22nd from 4:00-6:00 PM.

 *Performances* will take place April 21st-23rd; tech week April 16th-20th.
*Note: *There is a participation fee of $100, scholarships are available.

*Auditions *will be held on Sunday, January 22nd at 4:00 PM and ending at
6:00 PM. If you are interested, please sign up using this link
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0C4BACAC28A4FF2-dancing

*Where:* 23114 West Road Olmsted Falls, OH 44138

*Preparation: *No preparation is necessary. Just come in comfy clothes

*Plot Description: *The theme of the musical is time travel and the journey
between each decade. The musical is set up for the actors to sing and dance
to a song from each decade. We will be taking the first couple of
rehearsals to write the play in a fun and exciting way that allows everyone
to participate and for voices to be heard.

*Casting: *On the audition form, you will choose between Principal Actor
and Company Actor. A Principal Actor will receive a main part in the
musical, and the Company Actors will be a part of the ensemble and will
receive more minor roles. Since YOU ALL are writing the play, we do not
have any characters decided, but once we have the script written, we will
place you as either a Principal Actor or a Company Actor.

We are excited to see all the talent walking through our doors for this
audition!

*If anyone has any questions or comments about the audition or show feel
free to email afdaberea at gmail.com <afdaberea at gmail.com>. *

--
Always Question, Always Wonder
Josh Landis