[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Theatre concludes its 43rd Season with the CLEVELAND PREMIERE of :: THE LIGHT ::

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Mon May 1 15:29:26 PDT 2023

*Ensemble Theatre* concludes its 43rd Season with the Cleveland
Premiere of* Loy
A. Webb's *powerful two hander
*THE LIGHT*
*Directed by Jeannine Gaskin*

*F**eaturing the amazing talents of two local Cleveland actors ::*

*Nicole Sumlin* (as Genesis) and Ananias J. Dixon* (as Rashad)***Members of
Actors' Equity Association *

A surprise proposal gift puts the future of Genesis and Rashad's
relationship at risk when they are forced to confront a devastating secret
from the past. *The Light* is a 70-minute, real-time rollercoaster ride of
laughter, romance, and despair that uncovers how the power of radical love
can be a healing beacon of light.

*“What is impressive about the writing is how Webb keeps intensifying both
the stakes and seriousness of the relationship even as she builds the
threat of that which is tearing it apart.”*
-Chicago Tribune

*"I always want my work to be the NEON BLINKING SIGN in the DARKNESS
saying, ‘HOPE THIS WAY.’  "*
-Playwright Loy A. Webb

May 26th - June 11th, 2023.
In our new location in South Euclid!
*Notre Dame College** :: Administration Building :: **Performing Arts
Center*
4545 College Rd. :: South Euclid, OH 44121

**Opening Night reception (5/26) with Chocolate Covered Strawberries! *
Visit: *https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-light
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-light>* for more information!
*Run Time* :: Approximately 70mins.
*Content Advisory:* This production contains *strong language* and *description
of sexual assault.*

*Executive Artistic Director/Producer: *Celeste Cosentino
*General Manager/Production Stage Manager/Props: *Becca Moseley
*Set & Light Design: *Ian Hinz
*Costume Design: *Harold Crawford
*Sound Design:* Jeannine Gaskin & Becca Moseley

*$15-$32*. *Fridays & Saturdays* @7:30pm. *Sundays* @2:00pm.
*Pay What You Can Sunday 5/28, 6/4 & 6/11 (Can be reserved, Pay at Door).*

*For Tickets* :: 216-321-2930 :: tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
*Online*: *https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-light
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-light>*

*Here is a link to DIRECTIONS to our new location
<https://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/contact/directions>.*
Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.

* *Please note we are not in the Regina Auditorium.  *
**All Ensemble staff and performers have been fully vaccinated. *

*Join us for our final show of our 43rd season!! *

*We are so thankful for the Notre Dame College community and for the
completion of our first full season in our new home!! *
*Ensemble Theatre is generously supported by: *
*The SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant :: The Paul M. Angell Family
Foundation :: Cuyahoga Arts & Culture :: The Ohio Arts Council :: The Harry
K. & Emma R. Fox Foundation & More!*
*Ensemble is continually grateful for all of our Individual Donors and
members who continue to support our award winning programming! :: Join our
Ensemble Family! *

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience! *

*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*