[NEohioPAL] Auditions for "Escape to Margaritaville" at Kent Trumbull Theatre

Kildow, Eric ekildow at kent.edu
Mon Jul 31 11:46:12 PDT 2023

>From "Cheeseburger in Paradise" to "Son of a Son of a Sailor," Escape to Margaritaville is a musical comedy that features all the top Parrothead classics and then some!  A heartwarming story about (mostly) hard working people who love deeply, value friendship, and fight for what they believe in, this is about building something special.  Interspersed with iconic music and hilarious hijinks, let's get the audience to sing along!

Kent Trumbull Theatre is holding an open casting call for all roles for our November production of Escape to Margaritaville.  Find the Full Breakdown at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aaGzveFvRuSlbPxGyVrr_PQW3nKbSsyli65yA6hDJXE/edit?usp=sharing.  Individuals interested in submitting a video audition should contact the director at ekildow at kent.edu<mailto:ekildow at kent.edu>.
KEY DATES
The following are important dates from the rehearsal process.  We will attempt to work around conflicts.  All events will happen at Kent Trumbull Theatre unless otherwise noted.

  *   Auditions:  August 29 & 30: 6pm-9pm.  Sign up for a 1-hour slot (4 people max per hour). Sign up at: https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_54qoxervZxANzyC
  *   Call-Backs:  September 1: 6pm-9pm (If needed)
  *   Rehearsals: M-Th 6pm-9pm;  September 5- November 2.
  *   Tech/Dress Rehearsals: November 5- November 8, 6:30pm Call
  *   Performances:  November 9-12; 16-19.  Evening performances Thu-Sat, Matinees Sun.
  *   Revival Performances: June 1 & 2 2024, evenings @ historic Robins Theatre downtown Warren.

WHAT TO PREPARE
Please come prepared with about 1 minute of music that showcases your voice and abilities.  Something in the realm of 70's or 80's Rock/Country is preferred, and just about anything from the Jimmy Buffett catalog would be acceptable.

Please come prepared to move and ready to execute the choreography audition sequence of roughly 4 to 6 counts of 8.  Will be available 1-2 weeks prior to auditions.

Readings from Script will comprise the acting portion.  Sides will be available 1-2 weeks before auditions.

Auditions are Open to the Public!  You don't need to be a student to try out.