[NEohioPAL] voice acting class

Colors Audio colorsaudio at neohio.twcbc.com
Mon Jul 31 14:01:05 PDT 2023

Dan Popp's Voice Acting Fundamentals Class is Back!

September 9 - October 14

Cost: $750 plus tax

People say that you have a nice voice.

You've always thought about getting into voice acting.

Some nice folks on the internet told you it was easy, and you could make lots of money doing it.

In your pajamas.

So you bought a USB mic.

And some pajamas.

Now, what?

Well, how about getting trained?

35-year voice acting veteran & coach Dan Popp is hosting the Fall, 2023, Voice Acting Fundamentals class.

There will be six, 2-hour sessions at Colors Audio <https://www.colorsaudio.com/>, one of the area's premier commercial studios.

Some of the Fundamentals include:

What voice acting is not (probably what you're doing now: mimicking).

What it is, and why it is in some ways more difficult than visual acting.

How to truly react, or hear and respond, when there is no one to react to.

Why obsessing over "which word to emphasize" (what I call the "paint-by-numbers" approach) will never achieve a natural read.

The term "Copy Analysis" sounds clinical and boring, but it basically means "understanding what you're saying."  (A word about that:  If there's no need for understanding or connecting emotionally to the script, AI has already replaced you.)

How to quickly discover the writer's intent and put yourself into a situation of conflict - which is the essence of drama - which is why you're acting, not reading.

How to dig deeper and make stronger choices.

"And more!"

In this business you'll be auditioning against hundreds of others who (for the most part) won't put in the effort to become the person who must say these words.  I can't do that work for you, but I can show you what that work is.

Please let me know right away if you're interested.  Email colorsaudio at neohio.twcbc.com <applewebdata://E5F70A49-1796-4947-90B1-2F0B278A2586/colorsaudio@neohio.twcbc.com>.

Former students have said:

Your honesty is what makes you such an effective coach. With your help and a solid, well produced demo, I was able to secure an agent. - Mel Lute

THANK YOU DAN! Working with you was quite an awesome experience for me!! I enjoyed every single minute I spent in our training sessions. I truly aspire to move forward and make you (and myself) proud! - Kathy B.

You are a marvelous teacher. I learned so much and had a great time becoming more professional and skilled. - Phil Scrimenti

If you're on the fence about taking this class, I highly recommend jumping on board should you be seriously ready to jump into the voiceover world! You'll learn so much in each session from Dan's years of experience. He's very down to earth and gives individualized advice. - David Thomas

Dan’s coaching stretches your voice, your talent and your mind. - Carrie Doak

Profoundly worth every penny. - Greg P.

Dan Popp
Colors Audio

Where the heart does not enter, there can be no music. - Tchaikovsky