[NEohioPAL] Seeking young actress for our PAID Winter Tour

Rachael Endrizzi sparktheatre4youth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 22:08:51 PST 2023

Spark Theatre Company is seeking an additional performer for its 2024
Winter production of *I NEVER SAW ANOTHER BUTTERFLY*. These productions
occasionally have public performances but primarily travel throughout NE
Ohio to schools as assemblies for approximately 12-15 performances. Actors
do not need to be available EVERY day throughout the touring performance
timeline, but should have general availability during school days and/or
some flexibility in their schedules.

I Never Saw Another Butterfly

By Celeste Raspanti

Irena, a prisoner of Terezin concentration camp, teaches children when
there is nothing to teach with, helps to give them hope when there is
little reason for hope, and creates a little world of laughter, of flowers
and butterflies behind the barbed wire. Based on the true stories of some
of the 15,000 children who passed through the camp, this is a story of how
butterflies became a symbol of defiance, making it possible for them to
live on and play happily while waiting to be transported.

Rehearsals Begin: January 8th, 2024 around actor availability

Performances: February 5th-29th, 2024

Available Roles:

Raja- (female) a young jewish girl imprisoned in Terezin concentration camp
during World War II. Adult actor to play 15 year old, Czech Jewish citizen.

*Spark Theatre Company embraces diversity and inclusion and utilizes a
non-traditional casting policy. Non-Traditional Casting is a method
designed to increase artistic options by expanding casting opportunities
for women, actors of color, seniors, and actors with disabilities in roles
where race, gender, age or the presence or absence of a disability are not
germane. To that end, we encourage all actors to audition, regardless of
race, ethnicity, gender identity or physical ability.*

TO SUBMIT:

Please self tape using the sides from the link below (Sides 1, 2, or 4 are
for Raja- choose your favorite, you don't need to do more than one.) Cell
phone video is completely fine, we just want to see and hear you. If you
are recording sides 1 or 2, please have the person reading with you stand
off-camera and you can look directly at them. Send videos to
SparkTheatre4Youth at gmail.com by 5pm December 18th, 2023. Sending videos
thru google drive, vimeo, or youtube unlisted links is preferred. *This
role is paid a stipend of $600 plus reimbursed for travel to and from all
performances at the rate of $0.655/mile. *Please also include in your email
any conflicts during rehearsals and performance dates. Any questions can
also be directed to Rachael at sparktheatre4youth at gmail.com

Link to sides:
https://www.sparktheatre4youth.org/_files/ugd/346b5f_5269fa74e15f471f837559b4a9564297.pdf

--