[NEohioPAL] SPRING CLASS - VOICE ACTING FUNDAMENTALS!

Colors Audio colorsaudio at neohio.twcbc.com
Mon Feb 5 07:30:25 PST 2024

Hi, I'm Dan Popp.  I began doing freelance voice acting in 1987.  A couple of years later I started my audio production company, Colors Audio.  In those decades I've voiced and produced many projects for local, national and international companies.

And I've struggled, too.  This is not an easy business - and it's only getting harder, no matter what the internet hucksters tell you.  A couple of days ago I got an email pitching a text-to-speech program that would replace all of those high-priced voice actors with an app!  And it wasn't the first such email I've received.

Being an audio guy as well as a voice guy has allowed me to see things from "both sides of the glass."  In sessions with other voice actors and especially when producing their demos I was able to throw some new ideas at them, and help them ask the right questions to get to a read they "didn't know they had in them."  So in 2014 I hung out my shingle as a voice acting coach.

If you take my Spring Voice Acting Fundamentals class you'll come away with some techniques that are founded on time-tested acting principles; some ways to see into the scriptwriter's intention; a few tricks; and most of all, freedom from the pressure that other beginners are putting on their voices to do the work.

Because the first thing you'll learn is that voice acting is not about your voice.

This class will consist of six, 2-hour sessions on Saturday afternoons from 2 - 4pm beginning March 2nd and ending April 13th (we'll take Easter Weekend off).  We'll meet at Colors Audio in Akron.

Cost is $750 for the class, but I'm offering a discount of $50 if you register before February 21st.  After the class I hope you'll do a demo.  The cost for that is also $750, and there will be a really nice discount for the demo after you've taken the training with me.  And again there will be a time limit on the discount.

To ask questions or register, email me at dan at colorsaudio.com.

All the best.