[NEohioPAL]Position Available Immediately - Artistic Director - Modern Dance

The Repertory Project: Jennifer Brosius jbrosius at repertoryproject.org
Tue Oct 2 22:12:04 PDT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C14B61.EF2B7C80

Position Available Immediately - Artistic Director - Modern Dance

The Repertory Project, a different dance company, is a 14-year-old modern
dance repertory company based in Cleveland, Ohio.  We are a led
collaborative, with an artistic core that makes decisions by consensus with
guidance from an Artistic Director.  We are governed by a community-based
board that includes dancer representatives.  The mission of The Repertory
Project is to promote and develop interest in and appreciation for modern
dance through performance, implementing programs that promote learning,
nurture wellness, promote audience and community dialogue, and conduct
advocacy efforts to support the art form.

Since our founding in 1987, The Repertory Project has had the following
objectives:
  a.. to offer mature, professional dancers an opportunity to learn and
perform dances by living, working artists with local, national and/or
international status;
  b.. to share these works and the art form with audiences in Northeast Ohio
and beyond; and to provide educational programming to all populations,
seeking an ever expanding and diverse audience for intellectual exchange.

We have an immediate need for an Artistic Director.  Resumes and curriculum
vitae will be accepted until the position is filled.  The salary is
competitive.  We are seeking an individual with the following
qualifications:
  a.. experience coaching and staging a broad range of dance works
  b.. a breadth of knowledge in somatic studies or other training of the
body
  c.. the ability to teach technique class in rotation with the dancers
  d.. a wide variety of experience working in educational and community
settings
  e.. the ability to create and successfully maintain connections with
performance venues, dance communities, educational circles, choreographers,
and funders
  f.. the ability to balance artistic output and fiscal responsibilities
  g.. an artistic vision that parallels and enhances the goals of our
strategic plan
  h.. the ability to fulfill managerial and administrative duties
  i.. outstanding interpersonal skills the ability to be creative,
innovative, and inspirational
The position may also include choreographic opportunities.

Our repertory of over 25 works has included dances by:  Doug Varone, Liz
Lerman, David Dorfman, Susan Van Pelt, Gina Gibney, Jose Luis Bustamante and
Terry Creach.

Please send resume with names, addresses and phone numbers of three
references (letters preferred) to the address below.  NO PHONE CALLS,
PLEASE.

The Repertory Project
2140 Lee Road, Suite 206
Cleveland Heights, OH  44118

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C14B61.EF2B7C80

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Position Available Immediately - Artistic Director - =
Modern=20
Dance<BR><BR>The Repertory Project, a different dance company, is a =
14-year-old=20
modern dance repertory company based in Cleveland, Ohio.  We are a =
led=20
collaborative, with an artistic core that makes decisions by consensus =
with=20
guidance from an Artistic Director.  We are governed by a =
community-based=20
board that includes dancer representatives.  The mission of The =
Repertory=20
Project is to promote and develop interest in and appreciation for =
modern dance=20
through performance, implementing programs that promote learning, =
nurture=20
wellness, promote audience and community dialogue, and conduct advocacy =
efforts=20
to support the art form.<BR><BR>Since our founding in 1987, The =
Repertory=20
Project has had the following objectives:</FONT></DIV>
<UL>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>to offer mature, professional dancers an =
opportunity to learn=20
  and perform dances by living, working artists with local, =
national and/or=20
  international status;</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>to share these works and the art form with =
audiences in=20
  Northeast Ohio and beyond; and </FONT><FONT size=3D2>to provide =
educational=20
  programming to all populations, seeking an ever expanding =
and diverse=20
  audience for intellectual exchange.</FONT></LI></UL>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><BR>We have an immediate need for an Artistic =
Director. =20
Resumes and curriculum vitae will be accepted until the position is=20
filled.  The salary is competitive.  We are seeking an =
individual with=20
the following qualifications:</FONT></DIV>
<UL>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>experience coaching and staging a broad range of =
dance=20
  works</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>a breadth of knowledge in somatic studies or other =
training=20
  of the body</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>the ability to teach technique class in rotation =
with the=20
  dancers</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>a wide variety of experience working in educational =
and=20
  community settings</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>the ability to create and successfully maintain =
connections=20
  with performance venues, dance communities, educational circles,=20
  choreographers, and funders</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>the ability to balance artistic output and fiscal=20
  responsibilities</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>an artistic vision that parallels and enhances the =
goals of=20
  our strategic plan</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>the ability to fulfill managerial and =
administrative=20
  duties</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>outstanding interpersonal skills </FONT><FONT =
size=3D2>the=20
  ability to be creative, innovative, and inspirational</FONT></LI></UL>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The position may also include choreographic=20
opportunities.<BR><BR>Our repertory of over 25 works has included dances =

by:  Doug Varone, Liz Lerman, David Dorfman, Susan Van Pelt, Gina =
Gibney,=20
Jose Luis Bustamante and Terry Creach.<BR><BR>Please send resume with =
names,=20
addresses and phone numbers of three references (letters preferred) to =
the=20
address below.  <STRONG>NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.<BR><BR>The =
Repertory=20
Project<BR>2140 Lee Road, Suite 206<BR>Cleveland Heights, OH =20
44118</STRONG></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C14B61.EF2B7C80--