[NEohioPAL]Red Hen opening and Volunteer PARTY

Red Hen Productions redhen at logan.com
Thu Jul 18 21:47:52 PDT 2002

Commencing opens today!

Red Hen Productions, Cleveland's Feminist Theatre, presents the Ohio premier
of
Jane Shepard's Commencing, a wonderful story of a blind date...from hell. It's
been a long time since Kelly had a date, but when her blind date turns out to
be a woman, all hell breaks loose. Without the usual candor of politeness,
Kelly and Arlin ask each other serious questions about their choices and
histories, and surprise themselves by letting their usual reserves down and
developing and unlikely friendship.

Directed by Jan Bruml with Harriett Logan and Cat Kenney nightly alternating
the
roles of Arlin and Kelly.

The production runs from July 18 - August 3, Thrusday, Friday, and Saturday
nights at 8:00 p.m. at Cafe Limbo, a great new restaurant with a funky
vegetarian fare (12706 Larchmere Blvd. Just north of Shaker Square). Tickets
are $6. Seating is limited, and it's air-conditioned! For Reservations call
(216) 661-4301 or email redhen at logan.com

Interested in getting involved with Red Hen?
Come to our Volunteer Orientation and Appreciation PARTY on Monday, July 22 at
7:00 at Loganberry Books (12633 Larchmere Boulevard).

More about us:  Red Hen Productions, Cleveland's Feminist Theatre, creates
theatre by and about women. As cast, crew, and board, we build a framework in
which to take risks, initiate change and empower women. By developing bridges
into the community, we hope to challenge assumptions and demonstrate that
change is possible.

Join us in making feminist theatre!  Come find out more.  Questions or RSVP to
redhen at logan.com

---
Red Hen Productions
PO Box 91926, Cleveland OH 44101 * (216)661-4301
http://www.logan.com/redhen/