[NEohioPAL]Jovialities Entertainment Launches Publishing Venture

J. R. Simons simons.j at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 30 21:08:31 PDT 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C387B0.267B1420

Greetings All!

In 1989, fresh out of college at Kent State University, I began acting =
for an interactive improvisational murder mystery company called =
Jovialities Entertainment.  For my first show, I performed a two hour =
mystery at a private party catered by TOGA Fridays at a home in Bay =
Village.  I was quickly hooked on improvisational acting.  After the =
party, I told Jack Palur, the founder of Jovialities, that it was "the =
most fun I'd ever had standing up with my clothes on."

I continued acting for Jovialities and began writing scripts.  By 1996 I =
had purchased the company from Jack and had great ambitions of =
developing an entertainment empire.  Well, as luck would have it, the =
empire was a little slow on getting started.  But, hey, even Rome wasn't =
built in a day.

One of the things I wanted to do from the moment I took over the reigns =
of the company, was to publish our scenarios so that amateur performance =
groups could perform our mysteries just the way Jovialities does.  That =
dream was a long time coming.  It took quite a while to find the right =
publishing engine to accomplish this task.  I believe I have found that =
publishing engine and am pleased to announce that Jovialities =
Entertainment has officially published the first of many interactive =
improvisational murder mysteries to be released for performance by =
groups other than Jovialities themselves.

As of today, our 1940s World War Two mystery, Morgan's Heroes, is =
officially available in three formats (PDF download, CD ROM and print) =
through our new online bookstore, www.lulu.com/jovialities .  All =
versions are moderately priced with the download version under $4.00, =
the CD version under $9.00 and the print version under $10.00.  I have =
painstakingly seen to it that the text is properly edited and have =
prepared a 40 page primer on "How To Produce A Jovialities Murder =
Mystery . . . And Live to Tell About It."  Our chosen publishing engine, =
Lulu.com, is a "print on demand" (POD) service that produces high =
quality books.  I have personally ordered copies of two of my other =
online offerings and am very impressed with the quality.  The pages and =
binding are as good as, if not better than, anything you will get from =
Dramatic Publishing Company.  This is more than sufficient for the =
production needs of most theatrical production organizations.  The cover =
art on this edition is still a little rough, but future scripts will =
have better cover art.

The script is published in its entirety with all the elements necessary =
for your producing organization to put on a show.  The "How To Produce" =
section details everything you ever wanted or needed to know about how =
to put on an improvisational murder mystery, but were afraid to ask.  A =
complete licensing and royalty application form is included in the back =
of the script for you to fill out and send in to Jovialities to license =
your own production.  Don't worry, licensing royalties will be very =
affordable for any budget.  Jovialities will handle all licensing out of =
our Elyria office while Lulu.com will handle script fulfillment from =
their office.  Since Lulu.com is a POD service, allow 7-10 working days =
for your scripts to arrive, so plan ahead.

Morgan's Heroes is the first of 24 planned monthly releases over the =
next two years as Jovialities expands its offerings from performing =
company to publishing company.  In addition to Heroes, check out =
in the 1995 Writers Digest National Writing Competition.  Siblings is =
also available in the same formats as Heroes and can be licensed through =
Jovialities for production as well.

I look forward to licensing tons of productions in the future!  Once =
again, the place to get high quality interactive improvisational murder =
mysteries and plays is at www.lulu.com/jovialities .

You can read more about Jovialities at www.jovialities.8m.com and more =
about J. R. Simons at www.jrsimons.8m.com .

Regards!

J. R. Simons
Producer
The Jovialities Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Be sure to visit us on the Web at www.jovialities.8m.com
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C387B0.267B1420

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252"><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY background=3D"">
<DIV>Greetings All!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>In 1989, fresh out of college at Kent State University, I began =
acting for=20
an interactive improvisational murder mystery company called Jovialities =

Entertainment.  For my first show, I performed a two hour mystery =
at a=20
private party catered by TOGA Fridays at a home in Bay =
Village. =20
I was quickly hooked on improvisational acting.  After the party, I =
told=20
Jack Palur, the founder of Jovialities, that it was "the most fun I'd =
ever had=20
standing up with my clothes on."</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I continued acting for Jovialities and began writing scripts.  =
By 1996=20
I had purchased the company from Jack and had great ambitions of =
developing an=20
entertainment empire.  Well, as luck would have it, the empire was =
a little=20
slow on getting started.  But, hey, even Rome wasn't built in a =
day.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>One of the things I wanted to do from the moment I took over the =
reigns of=20
the company, was to publish our scenarios so that amateur performance =
groups=20
could perform our mysteries just the way Jovialities does.  That =
dream was=20
a long time coming.  It took quite a while to find the right=20
publishing engine to accomplish this task.  I believe I have found =
that=20
publishing engine and am pleased to announce that Jovialities =
Entertainment has=20
officially published the first of many interactive improvisational =
murder=20
mysteries to be released for performance by groups other than =
Jovialities=20
themselves.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>As of today, our 1940s World War Two mystery, <EM>Morgan's =
Heroes</EM>, is=20
officially available in three formats (PDF download, CD ROM and print) =
through=20
our new online bookstore, <A=20
href=3D"http://www.lulu.com/jovialities">www.lulu.com/jovialities</A> =
.  All=20
versions are moderately priced with the download version under $4.00, =
the CD=20
version under $9.00 and the print version under $10.00.  I have=20
painstakingly seen to it that the text is properly edited and have =
prepared a 40=20
page primer on "How To Produce A Jovialities Murder Mystery . . . And =
Live to=20
Tell About It."  Our chosen publishing engine, Lulu.com, is a =
"print on=20
demand" (POD) service that produces high quality books.  I have =
personally=20
ordered copies of two of my other online offerings and am very impressed =
with=20
the quality.  The pages and binding are as good as, if not better =
than,=20
anything you will get from Dramatic Publishing Company.  This is =
more than=20
sufficient for the production needs of most theatrical production=20
organizations.  The cover art on this edition is still a little =
rough, but=20
future scripts will have better cover art.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The script is published in its entirety with all the elements =
necessary for=20
your producing organization to put on a show.  The "How To Produce" =
section=20
details everything you ever wanted or needed to know about how to put on =
an=20
improvisational murder mystery, but were afraid to ask.  A complete =

licensing and royalty application form is included in the back of the =
script for=20
you to fill out and send in to Jovialities to license your own =
production. =20
Don't worry, licensing royalties will be very affordable for any =
budget. =20
Jovialities will handle all licensing out of our Elyria office while =
Lulu.com=20
will handle script fulfillment from their office.  Since Lulu.com =
is a POD=20
service, allow 7-10 working days for your scripts to arrive, so plan=20
ahead.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><EM>Morgan's Heroes</EM> is the first of 24 planned monthly =
releases over=20
the next two years as Jovialities expands its offerings from performing =
company=20
to publishing company.  In addition to <EM>Heroes</EM>, check out=20
<EM>Siblings</EM>, a traditional one-act play that received an Honorable =
Mention=20
in the 1995 Writers Digest National Writing Competition.  =
<EM>Siblings</EM>=20
is also available in the same formats as <EM>Heroes</EM> and can be =
licensed=20
through Jovialities for production as well.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I look forward to licensing tons of productions in the =
future!  Once=20
again, the place to get high quality interactive improvisational murder=20
mysteries and plays is at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.lulu.com/jovialities">www.lulu.com/jovialities</A> =
.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>You can read more about Jovialities at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.jovialities.8m.com">www.jovialities.8m.com</A> and =
more about=20
J. R. Simons at <A =
href=3D"http://www.jrsimons.8m.com">www.jrsimons.8m.com</A>=20
.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Regards!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>J. R. Simons<BR>Producer<BR>The Jovialities Entertainment Co., =
Ltd.<BR>Be=20
sure to visit us on the Web at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.jovialities.8m.com">www.jovialities.8m.com</A></DIV></=
BODY></HTML>