[NEohioPAL]Call for Play Submissions!

adrienne jennifer shannon thompson night_kitchen_dobama at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:54:30 PST 2004

Dobama Theatre’s Night Kitchen prides itself in providing a venue for
emerging artists to develop their craft.  We are in the process of building
our ninth season and we need your help!  This year we will focus our season
on original works by emerging playwrights.  We are seeking playwrights
interested in seeing their work produced at the semi-professional level.
Dobama Theatre has traditionally committed to producing new,
conscious-raising work.  From its onset, Night Kitchen has followed in these
footsteps and wishes to continue to reflect this objective.  Above all, the
program serves as a home for the work of young artists, and strives to
produce theatre with an edgy quality.

We are looking for young playwrights (20’s—30’s) whose work runs no longer
than an hour and a half.  There is no limit as to the content of the work.
Writers can expect to receive dramaturgical and production support and
possibly the opportunity to workshop.  Scripts should be sent electronically
to:

night_kitchen_dobama at hotmail.com

Please include “new play submission” in the subject heading.  Playwrights’
name and contact information should be included on the title page only.  The
deadline is Friday, February 6th.  All applicants will receive a response
within a month of submission.

Thank you for your consideration, and we hope that this opens the door to
new opportunities and collaborations.