[NEohioPAL]Spend an evening with Groucho at Cain Park

Ksenia ksenia at clvhts.com
Tue Jun 22 15:53:15 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3170775195_2066913_MIME_Part

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 22, 2004

CAIN PARK PRESENTS
=B3AN EVENING WITH GROUCHO=B2

    CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH- The madness and music of the legendary comedian
Groucho Marx is revived by award-winning actor Frank Ferrante in his one-ma=
show, =B3An Evening With Groucho.=B2  This hilarious production, which features
the life and times of the one and only Groucho Marx, will be performed at
Cain Park=B9s Evans Amphitheater on June 29 at 8 p.m.
   Ferrante=B9s fast-paced trip through Groucho=B9s life features many of the
comedian=B9s famous one-liners and songs, including =B3Hooray For Captain
Spalding=B2 and =B3Lydia, the Tattooed Lady.=B2
   Ferrante was discovered by Groucho=B9s son Arthur and originated the
off-Broadway title role in =B3Groucho: A Life in Revue,=B2 for which he won the
New York Theatre Award in 1987.  Morrie Ryskind, co-author of =B3Animal
Crackers=B2 and =B3A Night at the Opera,=B2 praised Ferrante as =B3The only actor
aside from Groucho who delivered my lines as they were intended.=B2
   Considered =B3the greatest living interpreter of Groucho Marx=B9s material=B2
according to The New York Times, Ferrante has performed =B3An Evening with
Groucho=B2 more than 2,000 times in New York and on PBS.
   Jim Furmston, a native of Canada, accompanies and sometimes plays
straight man to Ferrante as Groucho.  Furmston is a graduate of the U.S.C
School of Performing Arts.  In musical theater, Furmston has provided
direction in =B3The Rocky Horror Picture Show,=B2 =B3Cabaret=B2 and =B3Side by Side b=
Sondheim.=B2 Furmston has been collaborating with Ferrante and =B3An Evening
With Groucho=B2 since 1984.
    =B3An Evening With Groucho=B2 is =B3Artful=B2 says the New York Times. Vogue
calls it =B2Uncanny,=B2 and Variety calls it =B3A tour de force.=B2
   Advance tickets for =B3An Evening With Groucho=B2 are $15 for center/front
sides, $13 back sides, or $11 lawn.  Day-of-show tickets are $18 for
center/front sides, $16 for back sides or $14 for lawn.  Cleveland Heights
residents presenting a Recreation ID and people presenting a Military ID
will receive a $3 discount. Children=B9s tickets are 50 percent off when
attending with a parent if all attending family members hold Cleveland
Heights Recreation ID=B9s.  A $2 discount is available when presenting a
senior citizen ID, a student ID or a Friends of Cain Park membership card.
   The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from Coventry Village Special
Improvement District, KeyBank and Severance Town Center, will provide free
rides to/from Cain Park, running one hour before the performance and one
hour after it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Music at Severance
Town Center or, for those who live near Coventry, walk to the entrance of
the Coventry Parking Garage for pick-up.  [www.coventryvillage.org.]
   Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A.M. McGregor Home, Cingular
Wireless, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland and Motorcars Honda/Toyota in
Cleveland Heights.=20
   Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket
Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995
(please include full name address, phone number, credit card number and
signature.  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also availabl=
at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone 216.241.5555. or
330.945.9400(Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.
   Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of
the nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of
Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between
Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free
and located on the surrounding side streets. For more information about all
Cain Park events, please visit [www.cainpark.com.]
###
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or LACEY
HOLMES, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000

--MS_Mac_OE_3170775195_2066913_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Spend an evening with Groucho at Cain Park</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><H3>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<BR>
JUNE 22, 2004<BR>
<BR>
</H3><H2>CAIN PARK PRESENTS<BR>
=B3AN EVENING WITH GROUCHO=B2<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>    </B>CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH- The ma=
dness and music of the legendary comedian Groucho Marx is revived by award-w=
inning actor <B>Frank Ferrante </B>in his one-man show,<B> =B3An Evening With =
Groucho.=B2  </B>This hilarious production, which features the life and t=
imes of the one and only Groucho Marx, will be performed at Cain Park=B9s Evan=
s Amphitheater on <B>June 29</B> at 8 p.m.<BR>
    Ferrante=B9s<B> </B>fast-paced trip through Groucho=B9s life=
 features many of the comedian=B9s famous one-liners and songs, including =B3Hoo=
ray For Captain Spalding=B2 and =B3Lydia, the Tattooed Lady.=B2<BR>
    Ferrante was discovered by Groucho=B9s son Arthur and orig=
inated the off-Broadway title role in =B3Groucho: A Life in Revue,=B2 for which =
he won the New York Theatre Award in 1987.  Morrie Ryskind, co-author o=
f =B3Animal Crackers=B2 and =B3A Night at the Opera,=B2 praised Ferrante as =B3The onl=
y actor aside from Groucho who delivered my lines as they were intended.=B2 <B=

    Considered <I>=B3</I>the greatest living interpreter of Gr=
oucho Marx=B9s material=B2 according to <I>The New York Times</I>, Ferrante has =
performed =B3An Evening with Groucho=B2 more than 2,000 times in New York and on=
 PBS.<BR>
    <B>Jim Furmston, </B>a native of Canada,<B> </B>accompan=
ies and sometimes plays straight man to Ferrante as Groucho.  Furmston =
is a graduate of the U.S.C School of Performing Arts.  In musical theat=
er, Furmston has provided direction in =B3The Rocky Horror Picture Show,=B2 =B3Cab=
aret=B2 and =B3Side by Side by Sondheim.=B2 Furmston has been collaborating with F=
errante and =B3<B>An Evening With Groucho=B2</B> since 1984.<BR>
<B>    =B3An Evening With Groucho=B2</B> is =B3Artful=B2 says <I>the=
 New York Times</I>. <I>Vogu</I>e calls it =B2Uncanny,<I>=B2 </I>and<I> Variety<=
/I> calls it =B3A tour de force.=B2  <BR>
    Advance tickets for =B3<B>An Evening With Groucho=B2</B> are=
 $15 for center/front sides, $13 back sides, or $11 lawn.  Day-of-show =
tickets are $18 for center/front sides, $16 for back sides or $14 for lawn. =
 Cleveland Heights residents presenting a Recreation ID and people pres=
enting a Military ID will receive a $3 discount. Children=B9s tickets are 50 p=
ercent off when attending with a parent if all attending family members hold=
 Cleveland Heights Recreation ID=B9s.  A $2 discount is available when pr=
esenting a senior citizen ID, a student ID or a Friends of Cain Park members=
hip card.<BR>
    The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from Coventry Vill=
age Special Improvement District, KeyBank and Severance Town Center, will pr=
ovide free rides to/from Cain Park, running one hour before the performance =
and one hour after it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Music a=
t Severance Town Center or, for those who live near Coventry, walk to the en=
trance of the Coventry Parking Garage for pick-up.  [www.coventryvillag=
e.org.]<BR>
    Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A.M. McGregor Hom=
e, Cingular Wireless, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland and Motorcars Honda/=
Toyota in Cleveland Heights. <BR>
    Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Ca=
in Park Ticket Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 2=
16.371.6995 (please include full name address, phone number, credit card num=
ber and signature.  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets =
are also available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone=
 216.241.5555. or 330.945.9400(Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.<BR=

    Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts =
park and one of the nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced b=
y the City of Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior=
 Road between Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park pr=
oductions is free and located on the surrounding side streets. For more info=
rmation about all Cain Park events, please visit [www.cainpark.com.]<BR>
###<BR>
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or LACEY HOL=
MES, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3170775195_2066913_MIME_Part--