[NEohioPAL]IF YOU ARE STRADDLING THE FENCE REGARDING THE DOORS TRIBUTE SHOW...

Richard Boothroyd rboothie at zoominternet.net
Mon Jul 26 18:41:26 PDT 2004

I thought I would share this with you. This was a relatively long review in
the St. Louis Newspaper.  I have edited it down because it is a bit long but
I have attempted to capture the essence of the review in fewer words.

Richard

"When I got to the club an hour before the MOJO RISIN' show, there was
already a line at the door. This was my first tribute concert and like most
people, I was skeptical...  I expected a dreary group of guys rehashing
another's songs. I was wrong!

What occurred was a trip back in time to a younger and perhaps more innocent
period in my life. I waited in the darkened atmosphere, listening to
recorded songs from the sixties playing in the background, as the people
kept packing in. I drifted with the music as I saw a mixture of young and
old crowding around the stage. The deja-vu was complete when the smoke
started rising to announce the arrival of the band.

When they hit the stage in full costume, the audience went wild. The set was
an effective replica employing the same equipment the original Doors used in
1969 to create their unique sound. Vintage Acoustic and Fender amps
delivered the impact from the Gibson  guitars, as they blended with the Vox
Continental keyboard and Ludwig drums.

Starting off with a rollicking "Roadhouse Blues", they wove one tune into
another. Only taking breathers long enough to ask for requests, they
performed their magical stage theatrics to the enchantment and delight of
the cheering fans.

...the instrumentals were masterful and the vocals superb. Morrison's poetry
was recited and the all-out madness continued until the music was over...

I talked with Scott(Morrison)  at the conclusion of the concert. He
considers the  broad range of Jim Morrison's vocal interpretations the
epitome of a great performer.

I believe Jim Morrison would be honored by the professionalism and talent
exhibited by Mojo Risin. A great time and great show was had by all. "

MOJO RISIN' A TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS
SATURDAY JULY 31, 9PM
THE ROSE Concert Hall
139 W. Liberty