[NEohioPAL]Last jazz concerts of Cain Park season next Friday & Sunday

Ksenia ksenia at clvhts.com
Fri Aug 6 13:31:37 PDT 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3174654697_334750_MIME_Part

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JULY 23, 2004

CAIN PARK presents
New Voices in Jazz featuring
Michael Kaeshammer and Lizz Wright
August 13

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH =AD Don=B9t miss a chance to hear the unique and fresh
jazz stylings of  pianist  Michael Kaeshammer and vocalist Lizz Wright as
they perform in New Voices in Jazz at Cain Park=B9s Evans Amphitheater on
August 13 at 8 pm.  Tickets are $15/$13/$11 in advance and $18/$16/$14 the
day of the show. =20

Canadian native Michael Kaeshammer released his debut recording, Blue Keys
(1996), at age 13 and has been praised for his unique keyboard sound ever
since =8B ragtime, stride, and Jelly Roll Morton=B9s early jazz styling melded
into funk-inspired bebop, romantic ballads, and modern jazz.  Counter Point
Magazine hails Kaeshammer=B9s =B3prodigious technique and thunderous left hand
bass lines on a repertoire of brilliantly reshaped traditional jazz and
blues classics.=B2  Other albums include Tell You How I Feel (1998), No
Strings Attached (2000), and Strut (2003).  Strut presents an even deeper,
funkier and more playful exploration of jazz roots than his New
Orleans-inspired No Strings Attached.  Strut was named #25 in Canada by
Toronto-based independent Alma Records, initially as an online-only release=
.
Kaeshammer also has a variety of past credits for his success.  These
include 3 West Coast Music Awards, in 2001 for Male Artist of the Year and
in 2002 for both Live Performer of the Year and Musician of the Year.  For
more information about Michael Kaeshammer, visit his website at
www.kaeshammer.com.

One of  =B310 Women to Watch in 2003=B2 Lizz Wright is a singer of astonishing
luminosity and soul.  Her most recent debut, Salt (2003), was named one of
the top 10 contemporary jazz vocal discs of the year by Billboard Magazine.
Wright=B9s gospel-infused style evokes thoughts of Sarah Vaughan and Oleta
Adams.  In addition, The Minneapolis Star Tribune describes her voice as
=B3thick as molasses and as lazily luxurious as minty iced tea.=B2  Wright has
opened for Al Greene, Ray Charles, The Neville Brothers and The Crusaders,
to name a few.  For more information about Lizz Wright, visit her website a=
www.lizzwright.net.

The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from Coventry Village Special
Improvement District, KeyBank and Severance Town Center, will provide free
rides to and from Cain Park, running one hour before the performance and on=
hour after it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Music at Severance
Town Center or, for those who live near Coventry, walk to the entrance of
the Coventry Parking Garage for pick-up.

New Voices in Jazz featuring Michael Kaeshammer and Lizz Wright is
co-presented by Northeast Ohio Jazz Society.

Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket
Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995
(please include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and
signature).  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also
available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone
216.241.5555 or 330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.

Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular
Wireless, Friends of Cain Park, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcar=
Honda/Toyota in Cleveland Heights.

Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the
nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of
Cleveland Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between
Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free
and located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about al=
Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.

###
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY,  Public Relations and Marketing, or SUSAN
KENNEDY, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail
ksenia at clvhts.com.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JULY 31, 2004

CAIN PARK PRESENTS
GEORGE BENSON
AUG 15, 2004

    CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH-- Bop and R&B guitarist George Benson has been
getting his fans in the groove with his music for over 40 years.  The
eight-time Grammy-winner will entertain audiences at Cain Park=B9s Evans
Amphitheater on August 15 at 8:00 p.m. in a concert co-presented by Clear
Channel Entertainment.
   Benson is appreciated as both a musician and a performer by many of his
fans.  He is not only an expert improviser but a vibrant entertainer as
well.  His career in music began in the early 1960s when he was a fledgling
guitarist playing on the street corners in his native Pittsburgh.  Benson
built his career through hard work and collaboration with other artists,
including Wes Montgomery, one of jazz=B9s most creative players, and organist
Jack McDuff. =20
   In the late 1970s and 1980s, Benson infused vocals into his already
spectacular instrumentals, earning him one major R&B/pop smash after
another.  Songs such as The Greatest Love of All, Give Me Night and a remak=
of The Drifters On Broadway, earned Benson eight Grammy awards.  In 1990,
Benson was awarded an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Music from the Berklee
College of Music.  These days, Benson is enjoying the success most recent
album Absolute Benson, and frequenting Manhattan jazz clubs, where he enjoy=
watching new talents.
   =B3I had to break a couple rules along the way,=B2 Benson reflects.  =B3There
was an unwritten law: be cool and don=B9t get too raunchy.  But jazz was once
hanging-out music, and the easiest way to involve people is to get them
tapping their feet.  When they=B9re tapping a bit, they=B9ll go your way.
That=B9s when I can float any kind of jazz line into the music.=B2
   Tickets for this event are $42.50 for center/front sides, $39.50 for bac=
sides and $32.50 for lawn.
   The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from Coventry Village Special
Improvement District, KeyBank and Severance Town Center, will provide free
rides to and from Cain Park, running one hour before the performance and on=
hour after it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Music at Severance
Town Center or, for those who live near Coventry, walk to the entrance of
the Coventry Parking Garage for pick-up. [www.coventryvillage.org]
   Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A.M. McGregor Home, Cingular
Wireless, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland and Motorcars Honda/Toyota in
Cleveland Heights.
   Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket
Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995
(please include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and
signature.)  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also
available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone
216.241.5555 or 330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at  www.ticketmaster.com.
   Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of
the nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of
Cleveland Heights and located on the south side of Superior Road between Le=
and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free and
located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about all
Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.
   ###
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or LACEY
HOLMES, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000

  =20
  =20

  =20
  =20

--MS_Mac_OE_3174654697_334750_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Last jazz concerts of Cain Park season next Friday & Sunday</TIT=

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><H2>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5">JULY 23, 2004<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H1>CAIN PARK presents<BR>
New Voices in Jazz featuring<BR>
Michael Kaeshammer and Lizz Wright<BR>
August 13<BR>
<BR>
</H1><FONT SIZE=3D"4">CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, OH =AD Don=B9t miss a chance to hear the=
 unique and fresh jazz stylings of  pianist  <B>Michael Kaeshammer=
</B> and vocalist <B>Lizz Wright</B> as they perform in <B>New Voices in Jaz=
z</B> at Cain Park=B9s Evans Amphitheater on <B>August 13 </B>at<B> 8 pm</B>. =
 Tickets are $15/$13/$11 in advance and $18/$16/$14 the day of the show=
.  <BR>
<BR>
Canadian native Michael Kaeshammer released his debut recording, <I>Blue Ke=
ys</I> (1996), at age 13 and has been praised for his unique keyboard sound =
ever since =8B ragtime, stride, and Jelly Roll Morton=B9s early jazz styling mel=
ded into funk-inspired bebop, romantic ballads, and modern jazz.  <I>Co=
unter Point Magazine</I> hails Kaeshammer=B9s =B3prodigious technique and thunde=
rous left hand bass lines on a repertoire of brilliantly reshaped traditiona=
l jazz and blues classics.=B2  Other albums include <I>Tell You How I Fee=
l</I> (1998), <I>No Strings Attached</I> (2000), and <I>Strut</I> (2003). &n=
bsp;<I>Strut</I> presents an even deeper, funkier and more playful explorati=
on of jazz roots than his New Orleans-inspired <I>No Strings Attached</I>. &=
nbsp;<I>Strut</I> was named #25 in Canada by Toronto-based independent Alma =
Records, initially as an online-only release.  Kaeshammer also has a va=
riety of past credits for his success.  These include 3 West Coast Musi=
c Awards, in 2001 for <I>Male Artist of the</I> <I>Year</I> and in 2002 for =
both <I>Live Performer of the Year</I> and <I>Musician of the Year</I>. &nbs=
p;For more information about Michael Kaeshammer, visit his website at www.ka=
eshammer.com.  <BR>
<BR>
One of  =B310 Women to Watch in 2003=B2 Lizz Wright is a singer of astonis=
hing luminosity and soul.  Her most recent debut, <I>Salt </I>(2003), w=
as named one of the top 10 contemporary jazz vocal discs of the year by <I>B=
illboard Magazine</I>.  Wright=B9s gospel-infused style evokes thoughts o=
f Sarah Vaughan and Oleta Adams.  In addition, <I>The Minneapolis Star =
Tribune</I> describes her voice as =B3thick as molasses and as lazily luxuriou=
s as minty iced tea.=B2  Wright has opened for Al Greene, Ray Charles, Th=
e Neville Brothers and The Crusaders, to name a few.  For more informat=
ion about Lizz Wright, visit her website at www.lizzwright.net.<BR>
<BR>
The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from Coventry Village Special Improve=
ment District, KeyBank and Severance Town Center, will provide free rides to=
 and from Cain Park, running one hour before the performance and one hour af=
ter it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Music at Severance Tow=
n Center or, for those who live near Coventry, walk to the entrance of the C=
oventry Parking Garage for pick-up.<BR>
<BR>
New Voices in Jazz featuring Michael Kaeshammer and Lizz Wright is co-prese=
nted by Northeast Ohio Jazz Society.  <BR>
<BR>
Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Cain Park Ticket Offi=
ce, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 216.371.6995 (please=
 include full name, address, phone number, credit card number and signature)=
.  All major credit cards are accepted.  Tickets are also availabl=
e at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone 216.241.5555 or =
330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at www.ticketmaster.com.<BR>
<BR>
Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A. M. McGregor Home, Cingular Wirele=
ss, Friends of Cain Park, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland, Motorcars Honda=
/Toyota in Cleveland Heights.  <BR>
<BR>
Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts park and one of the=
 nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced by the City of Cleve=
land Heights and is located on the south side of Superior Road between Lee a=
nd South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park productions is free a=
nd located on the surrounding side streets.  For more information about=
 all Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.<BR>
<BR>
###<BR>
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY,  Public Relations and Marketing, or SUS=
AN KENNEDY, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000 or e-mail ksenia at clvhts=
.com.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<BR>
JULY 31, 2004<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H1>CAIN PARK PRESENTS<BR>
GEORGE BENSON<BR>
AUG 15, 2004<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</H1><FONT SIZE=3D"6"><B>    </B></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">CLEVELA=
ND HEIGHTS, OH-- Bop and R&B guitarist <B>George Benson</B> has been get=
ting his fans in the groove with his music for over 40 years.  The eigh=
t-time Grammy-winner will entertain audiences at Cain Park=B9s Evans Amphithea=
ter on <B>August 15 </B>at<B> 8:00 p.m</B>. in a concert co-presented by Cle=
ar Channel Entertainment.  <BR>
    Benson is appreciated as both a musician and a performer=
 by many of his fans.  He is not only an expert improviser but a vibran=
t entertainer as well.  His career in music began in the early 1960s wh=
en he was a fledgling guitarist playing on the street corners in his native =
Pittsburgh.  Benson built his career through hard work and collaboratio=
n with other artists, including Wes Montgomery, one of jazz=B9s most creative =
players, and organist Jack McDuff.  <BR>
    In the late 1970s and 1980s, Benson infused vocals into =
his already spectacular instrumentals, earning him one major R&B/pop sma=
sh after another.  Songs such as <I>The Greatest Love of All, Give Me N=
ight </I>and a remake of <I>The Drifters</I> <I>On Broadway</I>, earned Bens=
on eight Grammy awards.  In 1990, Benson was awarded an Honorary Doctor=
ate Degree in Music from the Berklee College of Music.  These days, Ben=
son is enjoying the success most recent album <I>Absolute Benson, </I>and fr=
equenting Manhattan jazz clubs, where he enjoys watching new talents. <BR>
    =B3I had to break a couple rules along the way,=B2 Benson re=
flects.  =B3There was an unwritten law: be cool and don=B9t get too raunchy=
.  But jazz was once hanging-out music, and the easiest way to involve =
people is to get them tapping their feet.  When they=B9re tapping a bit, =
they=B9ll go your way.  That=B9s when I can float any kind of jazz line int=
o the music.=B2<BR>
    Tickets for this event are $42.50 for center/front sides=
, $39.50 for back sides and $32.50 for lawn. <BR>
    The Coventry Magic Bus!, with support from Coventry Vill=
age Special Improvement District, KeyBank and Severance Town Center, will pr=
ovide free rides to and from Cain Park, running one hour before the performa=
nce and one hour after it ends.  Park in front of Borders Books and Mus=
ic at Severance Town Center or, for those who live near Coventry, walk to th=
e entrance of the Coventry Parking Garage for pick-up. [www.coventryvillage.=
org]<BR>
    Cain Park 2004 season sponsors are The A.M. McGregor Hom=
e, Cingular Wireless, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland and Motorcars Honda/=
Toyota in Cleveland Heights.<BR>
    Tickets for all Cain Park events are available at the Ca=
in Park Ticket Office, by mail, in person, by phone 216.371.3000 or by FAX 2=
16.371.6995 (please include full name, address, phone number, credit card nu=
mber and signature.)  All major credit cards are accepted.  Ticket=
s are also available at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster Charge-by-Pho=
ne 216.241.5555 or 330.945.9400 (Akron) and online at  www.ticketmaster=
.com.<BR>
    Cain Park, a municipally owned and operated summer arts =
park and one of the nation=B9s oldest landmark outdoor theaters, is produced b=
y the City of Cleveland Heights and located on the south side of Superior Ro=
ad between Lee and South Taylor Roads.  Parking for all Cain Park produ=
ctions is free and located on the surrounding side streets.  For more i=
nformation about all Cain Park events, please visit www.cainpark.com.<BR>
    ###<BR>
CONTACT: KSENIA ROSHCHAKOVSKY, Public Relations and Marketing, or LACEY HOL=
MES, Public Relations Intern, at 216.371.3000<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3174654697_334750_MIME_Part--