[NEohioPAL]Weathervane gives first Lifetime Achievement Award

Jan Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Fri Sep 10 07:54:58 PDT 2004

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C49724.9D4CF620

When it comes to Weathervane Community Playhouse service, Chisna H. =
(Cue) Fleming has played multiple roles: from acting to house manager, =
from backstage tech work to serving twice as President of the Board of =
Trustees. He's even the "unofficial" archivist. Fleming also championed =
the major fundraising effort and construction of the theatre's current =
home in Merriman Valley-a modern facility designed for production =
functionality and audience comfort.

So, it is fitting that Weathervane honored Fleming at the August 29th =
Annual Membership Meeting with its first ever Lifetime Achievement Award =
for distinguished long term service. Dr. Steven P. Schmidt, Immediate =
Past President of the Board, presented the award. Dr. Schmidt was also =
honored at the Membership meeting and was the recipient of this year's =
Trustee Award. Fleming is also a former Trustee Award recipient.=20

Initial Involvement

Cue Fleming and his wife, Helen, came to Akron in the mid-1950s when he =
began an electrical engineering career at Ohio Edison (now First =
Energy). The couple became active at Weathervane almost immediately. In =
the late 1960s, Cue devoted countless hours to realize the theatre's =
plan to move from an old Copley Road location to Merriman Valley. "From =
the first fundraising efforts all the way through the opening night =
performance, Cue emerged as a dynamic, tireless leader, always steering =
construction in the proper direction," says Elynmarie Kazle, =
Weathervane's Executive Director. "Cue was on-site nearly every day of =
construction, which is why he knows our building inside and out."

Veteran Performer

In addition to behind-the-scenes efforts, Weathervane audiences have =
enjoyed Cue's many on-stage performances with roles in Bus Stop, Picnic =
and Tunnel of Love. To conjure up the tin man in Wizard of Oz, he donned =
a hardware store funnel for a hat.=20

Growing up on a ranch in Nebraska near the South Dakota border, Cue =
graduated from the University of Nebraska. And, no, that nickname has =
nothing to do with theatre-it came from his Nebraska pool shark days. =
Cue and Helen have four grown children and he still gets back out on the =
ranch on occasion.

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C49724.9D4CF620

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>When it comes to Weathervane Community Playhouse service, <B>Chisna =
H. (Cue)=20
Fleming</B> has played multiple roles: from acting to house manager, =
from=20
backstage tech work to serving twice as President of the Board of =
Trustees. He=92s=20
even the "unofficial" archivist. Fleming also championed the major =
fundraising=20
effort and construction of the theatre=92s current home in Merriman =
Valley=97a=20
modern facility designed for production functionality and audience =
comfort.</P>
<P>So, it is fitting that Weathervane honored Fleming at the August=20
29<SUP>th</SUP> Annual Membership Meeting with its first ever =
<B>Lifetime=20
Achievement Award</B> for distinguished long term service.<B> Dr. Steven =
P.=20
Schmidt</B>, Immediate Past President of the Board, presented the award. =
Dr.=20
Schmidt was also honored at the Membership meeting and was the recipient =
of this=20
year=92s Trustee Award. Fleming is also a former Trustee Award=20
recipient. </P><B>
<P>Initial Involvement</P></B>
<P>Cue Fleming and his wife, Helen, came to Akron in the mid-1950s when =
he began=20
an electrical engineering career at Ohio Edison (now First Energy). The =
couple=20
became active at Weathervane almost immediately. In the late 1960s, Cue =
devoted=20
countless hours to realize the theatre=92s plan to move from an old =
Copley Road=20
location to Merriman Valley. "From the first fundraising efforts all the =
way=20
through the opening night performance, Cue emerged as a dynamic, =
tireless=20
leader, always steering construction in the proper direction," says =
<B>Elynmarie=20
Kazle</B>, Weathervane=92s Executive Director. "Cue was on-site nearly =
every day=20
of construction, which is why he knows our building inside and =
out."</P><B>
<P>Veteran Performer</P></B>
<P>In addition to behind-the-scenes efforts, Weathervane audiences have =
enjoyed=20
Cue=92s many on-</FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>stage =
performances with roles=20
in <I>Bus Stop, Picnic</I> and <I>Tunnel of Love</I>. To conjure up the =
tin man=20
in <I>Wizard of Oz</I>, he donned a hardware store funnel for a hat. =
</P>
<P>Growing up on a ranch in Nebraska near the South Dakota border, Cue =
graduated=20
from the University of Nebraska. And, no, that nickname has nothing to =
do with=20
theatre=97it came from his Nebraska pool shark days. Cue and Helen have =
four grown=20
children and he still gets back out on the ranch on=20
occasion.</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C49724.9D4CF620--