[NEohioPAL]FREE SHOWS for helping at Cleveland Public Theatre

Eric Unhold levinassistant at cptonline.org
Tue Jan 11 13:42:41 PST 2005

Consider volunteering-- good theater experience, fun, and FREE!  CPT needs
ushers THIS WEEKEND for the Big [BOX] series' production of "Citizenship in
the Nation" (see description below).  The biggest need is for Sunday's show
(3:00 curtain), but we won't turn down help for Friday & Saturday (8:00
curtain).

You can check out more about this and other shows at www.cptonline.org.
We'll also need ushers for the rest of the Big [BOX] series and the
remainder of CPT's season.

Bring along friends who want to usher & see free theater.  We ask that
you're here an hour & 15 min. beforehand.  Even if you can't stay but give
just the pre-show time, we'd really appreciate the help.  Performances are
in the James Levin Theatre (upstairs), 6415 Detroit Ave.

Call ANYTIME-- voice mail is fine, too.   Thank you so much!

Eric Unhold
Volunteer Coordinator
Cleveland Public Theatre
levinassistant at cptonline.org
216-631-2727 x212

CITIZENSHIP IN THE NATION: January 14 - 16, 2005
In a Boy Scout troop where drinking and drug use are common, two scouts
begin a sexual relationship.  When they are discovered and removed from the
troop during the course of a summer camp, each of them attempts to
understand the friendships they have formed and their urge toward violence.
"Citizenship in the Nation" is a staged reading of a new play by local
playwright Mike Geither.

Mike Geither (Playwright) most recently worked as collaborating playwright
on "Blue Sky Transmission:  A Tibetan Book of the Dead", which premiered at
CPT in 2002 and moved to LaMama in NYC.  His work as a solo performer
includes "The Green House" (2000), "A Field Guide to Midwestern Charms and
Curses" (1998), "The Fall Liturgy" (1995) and "Arthur 33" (1993).

Gregory Vovos (Director) is the Artistic Director of TITLEWave theatre, for
whom he was awarded a 2004 Cleveland Theatre Collective achievement award
for his direction of "Wait!".  He has directed at theatres throughout
Cleveland.  Some local directing credits include "Charge", "The Zoo Story",
"I’m Not Rappaport" and "Murder in Mind".  He has directed dozens of
original plays, and is a playwright himself.  Upcoming in June, he will
direct "Stone Cold Dead Serious" at CPT.