[NEohioPAL]Remembering Arthur Miller

Fabio Polanco fpolanco2 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 06:38:34 PST 2005

--0-1221469679-1108219114=:60008

In November of 2001, I had the pleasure and honor of working with Mr. Miller for two days on a staged reading of his last play "Resurrection Blues".  It was a complete thrill.  The most impressive thing about Mr. Miller (among many impressive things, like his superior brain) was that here was this icon of world theatre and yet he made me (I had one line total in the entire show.  I think it was "no".) feel as important to him as the movie stars who were playing the leads.  Among the many thrills of those 48 hours were when Mr. Miller shared his thoughts on the events of September 11.  As one might have suspected, he had the insight of a man who has seen, created and participated in history as it has evolved.

He was one of the create human beings of the 20th century.  No doubt.

Fabio Polanco

terry sandler <terrysandler at hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Artists of NE Ohio,

It is a sad day for fine and performing artists all around the world, as we mourn the loss of our all-American playwright Mr. Arthur Miller (Death of A Salesman, All My Sons, The Crucible). He was 89 years of age.

Arthur Miller's words have indeed touched, inspired, and entertained us, while empowering the human spirit, as well.  If you have a moment, let's take the time to thank Mr. Miller for the beautiful body of work that will continue to speak proudly for generations to come.

Recall a moment in your life when Arthur Miller's work inspired you.  For me, it was when I first read "Death of A Salesman" freshman year of college. I remember tears streaming down my face the whole night. Since then, I have always been inspired to play the role of Happy or Bernard in a production someday, somewhere, anytime.

Thank you, artists. Looking forward to hearing your Arthur Miller story.

Terry M. Sandler

_______________________________________ Fairmount Performing Arts Camp: THEATRE TRAINING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TAUGHT BY REGION'S TOP PROS -- http://www.fairmountcenter.org/summercamp.htm _______________________________________ Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL. NEohioPAL mailing list NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com http://lists.fredsternfeld.com/mailman/listinfo/neohiopal http://www.fredsternfeld.com

--0-1221469679-1108219114=:60008

<DIV>In November of 2001, I had the pleasure and honor of working with Mr. Miller for two days on a staged reading of his last play "Resurrection Blues".  It was a complete thrill.  The most impressive thing about Mr. Miller (among many impressive things, like his superior brain) was that here was this icon of world theatre and yet he made me (I had one line total in the entire show.  I think it was "no".) feel as important to him as the movie stars who were playing the leads.  Among the many thrills of those 48 hours were when Mr. Miller shared his thoughts on the events of September 11.  As one might have suspected, he had the insight of a man who has seen, created and participated in history as it has evolved. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>He was one of the create human beings of the 20th century.  No doubt.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Fabio Polanco<BR><BR><B><I>terry sandler <terrysandler at hotmail.com></I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV class=RTE>
<P>
<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 nowrap>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Dear Artists of NE Ohio,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE> </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>It is a sad day for fine and performing artists all around the world, as we mourn the loss of our all-American playwright Mr. Arthur Miller (Death of A Salesman, All My Sons, The Crucible). He was 89 years of age. </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE> </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Arthur Miller's words have indeed touched, inspired, and entertained us, while empowering the human spirit, as well.  If you have a moment, let's take the time to thank Mr. Miller for the beautiful body of work that will continue to speak proudly for generations to come.  </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE> </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE><FONT size=4>Recall a moment in your life when Arthur Miller's work inspired you.  </FONT>For me, it was when I first read "Death of A Salesman" freshman year of college. I remember tears streaming down my face the whole night. Since then, I have always been inspired to play the role of Happy or Bernard in a production someday, somewhere, anytime.    </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE> </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Thank you, artists. Looking forward to hearing your Arthur Miller story.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE> </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Terry M. Sandler </DIV></DIV><FONT color=#000000></DIV></FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<DIV> </DIV>
<P></P></DIV></DIV>_______________________________________ Fairmount Performing Arts Camp: THEATRE TRAINING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TAUGHT BY REGION'S TOP PROS -- http://www.fairmountcenter.org/summercamp.htm _______________________________________ Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL. NEohioPAL mailing list NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com http://lists.fredsternfeld.com/mailman/listinfo/neohiopal http://www.fredsternfeld.com </BLOCKQUOTE><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Search presents - <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=30648/*http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html">Jib Jab's 'Second Term'</a>
--0-1221469679-1108219114=:60008--