[NEohioPAL]IN DEFENSE OF AND DEFERENCE TO MARY FAKTOR

Christine Chapman lilith at cros.net
Fri Mar 25 04:46:32 PST 2005

------=_NextPart_000_0086_01C5310E.C3153FA0

Since I had not been able to attend the Pay V. No Pay meeting, I have =
largely kept silent on this board since Monday.

BUT I WILL NOT SIT IDLY BY AND SEE THE MOST TALENTED COMEDIENNE AND ONE =
OF THE  BEST ALL-AROUND PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET IN CLEVELAND ATTACKED.

Mary Faktor is a GEM in the Cleveland, and indeed regional, theater and =
film scene, people. I have no idea if the person posting the hateful =
remarks to her actually knows her or has ever worked with her, but I =
HAVE. I have nothing but love and respect for her talent and spirit.

Mary and I worked together in a staged reading a few years back... I was =
in awe of her comedic talent. She's just brilliant guys.=20

When I made my first independent film, Mary drove to Port Clinton to be =
in it (for NO PAY) and slept in my daughter's bed overnight before =
heading to Detroit the very next day to do another shoot. THIS IS A =
WORKING ACTRESS. She has so many gigs, she has trouble fitting =
everything in.

Her "Six Ages Of Woman" show has been running nationwide for TWENTY =
YEARS. I am currently updating her costumes for it.

And though it may chap your buns, Sparky, Mary most certainly DID have a =
speaking PAID role in American Splendor.

Whatever you are so angry about, I doubt it's really Mary's career =
choices, because they are Mary's, not yours.

Figure out what you're so angry about, and go beat it up. Leave Mary =
Faktor alone.

Christine Chapman,
Artistic Director
LAKESPEARE
------=_NextPart_000_0086_01C5310E.C3153FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Since I had not been able to attend the =
Pay V. No=20
Pay meeting, I have largely kept silent on this board since =
Monday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BUT I WILL NOT SIT IDLY BY AND SEE =
<STRONG><U>THE=20
MOST TALENTED COMEDIENNE</U></STRONG> AND ONE OF =
THE  BEST=20
ALL-AROUND PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET IN CLEVELAND ATTACKED.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mary Faktor is a GEM in the Cleveland, =
and indeed=20
regional, theater and film scene, people. I have no idea if the person =
posting=20
the hateful remarks to her actually knows her or has ever worked with =
her, but I=20
HAVE. I have nothing but love and respect for her talent and=20
spirit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mary and I worked together in a staged =
reading a=20
few years back... I was in awe of her comedic talent. She's just =
brilliant=20
guys. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I made my first independent film, =
Mary drove=20
to Port Clinton to be in it (for NO PAY) and slept in my daughter's bed=20
overnight before heading to Detroit the very next day to do another =
shoot. THIS=20
IS A WORKING ACTRESS. She has so many gigs, she has trouble fitting =
everything=20
in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Her "Six Ages Of Woman" show has been =
running=20
nationwide for TWENTY YEARS. I am currently updating her costumes for=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And though it may chap your buns, =
Sparky, Mary most=20
certainly DID have a speaking PAID role in American =
Splendor.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Whatever you are so angry about, I =
doubt it's=20
really Mary's career choices, because they are Mary's, not =
yours.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Figure out what you're so angry about, =
and go beat=20
it up. Leave Mary Faktor alone.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Christine Chapman,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Artistic Director</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>LAKESPEARE</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0086_01C5310E.C3153FA0--