[NEohioPAL]Non-talent response to Mary's message..

Mixdown Multimedia cquiros at mixdownproductions.com
Thu Mar 24 09:16:40 PST 2005

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C5306B.55E03C80

Well, I have been reading these posts for sometime now, and although I
wasn't present at the meeting I just wanted to say a couple of things.  I'm
a budding writer/director/producer, to this date I have one independent film
that I worked my butt off to produce.  I didn't have the luxury of getting
any financial investors; I did it the hard way, with my paychecks.  Now, the
actors in my film did not get paid.  They knew that I didn't have the money
for it.  So yes, they ate for free; they slept in cramped quarters to get
the job done.  However at the end of the day, the ones that were serious
about their careers had something to put in their resumes.  To date, two of
the serious actors have gone on to get better roles, commercials and TV
shows, and it was because of me.  I feel proud to help young actors get
exposure, and I will continue to do so until I can get financial backing to
produce my next feature.   Trust me when I say I would love to pay actors,
but more so I would love it when Clevelander's support their film industry
too.

CP Quiros

  _____