[NEohioPAL]20, 000 Leagues Under The Industry At Waterloo street festival this weekend

Matthew T. fftmf at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 18 11:20:16 PDT 2005

--------------070104030602000805060104

A few things going on for 20,000 Leagues Under The Industry.
<http://www.20000leagues.org>

This weekend Arts Collinwood presents: The 2005 Waterloo Arts Festival.
<http://www.artscollinwood.org>

On Saturday August 20th we will be hosting a table at the Rock-N-Roll
Flea Market at the Beachland Ballroom from 11 am - 4 pm. On sale will be
Marcel's Dolls, Purses and Brand new re-usable grocery bags. You can see
his work at <http://www.monkeyhousetoys.com/marceldejure.html>

On Sunday August 21st we will be screening films at the Beachland
Ballroom from 1230 pm - 330 pm. It's a Rock-N-Roll oriented screening
and just a low low $5 for admission.

Screening will be:

Deadbeat, 3:15, Cato Salsa Experience, Los Angeles, How To Make Your Own
Promo Video.

God Is Dad, 3 Min., Rusty Nails, Chicago, A dyslexic love story told
upside down.

Oklahoma: Darkest Hour, 4:00, Sharon Mooney, Brooklyn, A tribute to 80's
metal videos. It follows an angry teenage boy who dreams of rocking out
with his favorite band.

Tour tips lesson #14: beware the day off in New Orleans, 1:30,
Danny Plotnick, San Francisco, A self help short. Live fast, Play hard,
Eat food.

Can't Take The Heat, 3:00, Andrew Lloyd, NYC, Video from the popular
indie band, "I Am The World Trade Center," featuring one of their most
hypnotic tracks.  A conscious decision was made to spend virtually no
money whatsoever on this video, despite constant pressure to accept cash
and contract offers from people in nice suits.

Heavy Metal Parking Lot, 15:45, Jeff Krulik & John Heyn, Washington DC,
Fans of Judas Priest caught on tape long before reality. "I'm very proud
to have produced this video with John Heyn. He had the idea. I came up
with the title. We both fumbled around the Capital Center parking lot
with my public access camera on May 5, 1986 when Judas Priest roared
into town. Seems to get more popular each year. Former 'Priest' lead
singer Rob Halford loves it so I've been told." J Krulik

Gonna Faint, 2:45, Cody Critchloe, Lewisport KY, Music video for the
band SSION featuring collage animation.

Disappear, 3:00, Ken Blaze, Cleveland, Music Video for the pop punk band
THE UNKNOWN.

Seventeen, 3:30, Ladytron, Los Angeles, Music Video for the band
LADYTRON.

Dance Habibi Dance, 3:45, Usama Alshaibi, Chicago, Mythological
creatures parade and swim in an acid Greek mythos. This is the broadcast
from beyond, with lurid flesh and Arabesque disco.

Riot Industry, 3:00, Robert C. Banks Jr., Cleveland, Music Video
showcasing Cleveland's COBRA VERDE with guest appearances by George
Wendt and Mike Watt.

Angels?, 13:45, Aimee Pavy, San Francisco, Film adaptation of a Jack
Chick publication dramatizes the rise and fall of a Christian rock band.

Kurt Vonnegut Jr., 3:00, Brad Vanderburg, Los Angeles, In their
signature style, heavy metal purveyors of "edu-core" BLOODHAG, do their
part to educate the masses in this musical ode to the genius of author
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Angels, 4:30, Usama Alshaibi, Chicago, Music Video for The Bobby Conn
band.  "Richard had a party so many years ago We was only seventeen and
the scene was a fantasy we'd stolen from an English queen" -Bobby Conn
album "Golden Age."

Don't Trust Whitey, 1:00, Nathan Pommer, Brooklyn, "Don't trust whitey,
or you'll be screwed." A music video for James Kochalka Superstar,
auteur of "Monkey Vs. Robot."

Grand Fraud, 6:00, Eric Cheevers, Washington DC, Music video for the
band WEIRD WAR.

Goldirocks, 94:00, Paula Tiberius, Toronto. Wannabe rock star Goldi
lands in a house of three musicians, one too hot, one too cold, and a
third who seems just right. They let her sing with their band and she
romances them one at a time, thinking she's found her new home. But when
she unleashes her own songs on the guys, they cut her out of their
scene, forcing her to discover that real success means becoming your own
rock and roll hero. It's not who you f**k, it's how you rock and roll.

--------------070104030602000805060104

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Industry.</b><br>
<b>This weekend Arts Collinwood presents: The 2005 Waterloo Arts Festival.
<b>On Saturday August 20th we will be hosting a table at the Rock-N-Roll
Flea Market at the Beachland Ballroom from 11 am – 4 pm. On sale will be
Marcel’s Dolls, Purses and Brand new re-usable grocery bags. You can see
<b>On Sunday August 21st we will be screening films at the Beachland Ballroom
from 1230 pm – 330 pm. It’s a Rock-N-Roll oriented screening and just a low
low $5 for admission. <br>
Screening will be:</b><br>
Deadbeat, 3:15, Cato Salsa Experience, Los Angeles, How To Make Your Own
Promo Video.<br>
God Is Dad, 3 Min., Rusty Nails, Chicago, A dyslexic love story told upside
down.<br>
Oklahoma: Darkest Hour, 4:00, Sharon Mooney, Brooklyn, A tribute to 80’s
metal videos. It follows an angry teenage boy who dreams of rocking out with
his favorite band.<br>
Tour tips lesson #14: beware the day off in New Orleans, 1:30, <br>
Danny Plotnick, San Francisco, A self help short. Live fast, Play hard, Eat
food.<br>
Can’t Take The Heat, 3:00, Andrew Lloyd, NYC, Video from the popular indie
band, "I Am The World Trade Center,” featuring one of their most hypnotic
tracks.  A conscious decision was made to spend virtually no money whatsoever
on this video, despite constant pressure to accept cash and contract offers
from people in nice suits.<br>
Heavy Metal Parking Lot, 15:45, Jeff Krulik & John Heyn, Washington DC,
Fans of Judas Priest caught on tape long before reality. “I'm very proud
to have produced this video with John Heyn. He had the idea. I came up with
the title. We both fumbled around the Capital Center parking lot with my
public access camera on May 5, 1986 when Judas Priest roared into town. Seems
to get more popular each year. Former 'Priest' lead singer Rob Halford loves
it so I've been told.” J Krulik<br>
Gonna Faint, 2:45, Cody Critchloe, Lewisport KY, Music video for the band
SSION featuring collage animation.<br>
Disappear, 3:00, Ken Blaze, Cleveland, Music Video for the pop punk band
THE UNKNOWN.<br>
Seventeen, 3:30, Ladytron, Los Angeles, Music Video for the band LADYTRON.
Dance Habibi Dance, 3:45, Usama Alshaibi, Chicago, Mythological creatures
parade and swim in an acid Greek mythos. This is the broadcast from beyond,
with lurid flesh and Arabesque disco.<br>
Riot Industry, 3:00, Robert C. Banks Jr., Cleveland, Music Video showcasing
Cleveland’s COBRA VERDE with guest appearances by George Wendt and Mike Watt.<br>
Angels?, 13:45, Aimee Pavy, San Francisco, Film adaptation of a Jack Chick
publication dramatizes the rise and fall of a Christian rock band.<br>
Kurt Vonnegut Jr., 3:00, Brad Vanderburg, Los Angeles, In their signature
style, heavy metal purveyors of “edu-core” BLOODHAG, do their part to educate
the masses in this musical ode to the genius of author Kurt Vonnegut Jr.<br>
Angels, 4:30, Usama Alshaibi, Chicago, Music Video for The Bobby Conn band.
"Richard had a party so many years ago We was only seventeen and the scene
was a fantasy we'd stolen from an English queen" -Bobby Conn album "Golden
Age."<br>
Don’t Trust Whitey, 1:00, Nathan Pommer, Brooklyn, “Don’t trust whitey, or
you’ll be screwed.” A music video for James Kochalka Superstar, auteur of
“Monkey Vs. Robot.”<br>
Grand Fraud, 6:00, Eric Cheevers, Washington DC, Music video for the band
WEIRD WAR.<br>
Goldirocks, 94:00, Paula Tiberius, Toronto. Wannabe rock star Goldi lands
in a house of three musicians, one too hot, one too cold, and a third who
seems just right. They let her sing with their band and she romances them
one at a time, thinking she’s found her new home. But when she unleashes
her own songs on the guys, they cut her out of their scene, forcing her to
discover that real success means becoming your own rock and roll hero. It’s
not who you f**k, it’s how you rock and roll.<br>