[NEohioPAL]Dott Schneider: Two Solo Exhibitions

Dott Schneider dottschneider at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:51:20 PDT 2005

Hello All,

If you haven't any plans for Labor Day weekend, my solo exhibition "Loss &
Glee" opens at the Miller-Weitzel Gallery (5304 Detroit Avenue;
216-939-9099) in Cleveland on Friday, September 2nd from 7-11pm and at the
Box Heart Gallery in Pittsburgh, (4523 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15224)
on Saturday, September 3rd from 6-9pm.  I invite you to join me.

Both events are free and open to the public.

"Loss and Glee" is an exhibition of works influenced by Dott Schneider's
study of Roland Barthes' 83 essay tome "A Lover's Discourse." This influence
began her collections of essay sfrom individuals around the work sharing
their personal experiences with love, specifically loss and glee. She put
these letters and stories together for a concurrent art exhibition that
expresses 40 works arranged so as to give the impression of walking into or
being in the mouth, the fount of the lover's discourse. This concurrent
exhibition is exhibited at the Miller-Weitzel Gallery in Cleveland, Ohio as
well as the Box Heart Gallery.

Thanks for taking the time to read this missive.
Dott Schneider
http://dottschneider.blogspot.com