[NEohioPAL]Come hear me sing like a woman......

Ryan Bergeron ryanbergeron at msn.com
Fri Nov 18 22:02:16 PST 2005

For those of you who know me, you will assert that this is really nothing
new. :)

BUT - please come and support the CLEVELAND MESSIAH CHORUS' 83rd annual
presentation of G.F. Handel's "MESSIAH".

Sunday, November 20th @ 7pm.

The CMC is a wonderful group comprised of a fully VOLUNTEER chorus, made up
of singers from a wide span of church and secular communities. Please come
and support this great, passionate, determined group of singers in
celebrating this wonderful piece in a truly magnificent setting.

And I would personally like to extend an invitation to any of my personal
friends, colleagues, and students as well to please come out and hear the
performance (even if only to heckle me for singing countertenor - although
in all seriousness, there are of course many historical precendents for the
use of the male countertenor voice in music by Handel and his
contemporaries).

My fellow soloists are some of the finest singing artists in the area, and
I'm honored to once again perform with them. They are Robert Moncrief
(Tenor), William Dempsey (Bass-Baritone), and the lovely Janine Porter
(Soprano).

The choir is under the direction of Laura Burdine Schutze and accompanied by
organist Christopher Toth.

Please join us for a wonderful evening of music at:

CHURCH OF THE SAVIOR
2537 Lee Rd., Cle. Hts., Ohio
[Between Fairmount and Cedar
on Lee Road]

Admission is free. A freewill offering will be collected if you wish to
contribute.