[NEohioPAL]Second Set of Bang Auditions

bangandclatter at netzero.net bangandclatter at netzero.net
Mon Feb 13 13:20:03 PST 2006

Ohio's Newest Professional Theatre.
The Bang and the Clatter wants you...

Many of you have called and were not able to attend our auditions this p=
ast Saturday and are interested in being a part of our Inaugural Season.=
 We have scheduled a second round for those interested, this Sunday even=
ing from 6 -10 p.m. Please call to confirm an audition time. 330-606-531=
7

In addition, we are offering FREE tix to the Sunday 3pm performance to t=
hose of you who are auditioning that evening. Please mention this offer =
when you make your audition time and then join us to see what The Bang a=
nd the Clatter Theatre Company has to offer. =

Auditions: Sunday, February 19 from 6 -10 pm at Summit ArtSpace. =

140 East Market St. Akron 44308

Call 330-606-5317 for information

We are looking for 24 actors ages 18 - 60 for roles in the following sho=
ws:

Blackbird by Adam Rapp (1f) 18 - 24 - Baylis is cast.
Christmas Eve.  A rented room on Canal Street, New York City.  Baylis is=
disabled Desert Storm veteran and ex-junkie. Froggy is a teen heroin add=
ict
stricken with Hepatitis.  A setting that could hardly be considered a bl=
eaker
snapshot of the human condition.  However, out of  this scenario evolves=

novelist/playwright Adam Rapp's first love story. =

Griller by Eric Bogosian
Cast: 5 men (25 - 60), 4 women (22 - 50)
A farce that turns the American Dream on its head. Set in a New Jersey b=
ackyard,
a barbecue gathering turns sinister and deadly.

Beggars in the House of Plenty by John Patrick Shanley
Cast: 3 men (25 - 60), 3 women (22 - 50)
THE STORY: Johnny is the youngest and most sensitive of three siblings s=
tranded
in a surreal Irish Catholic household lorded over by their father, a but=
cher
from the Bronx, and their mother, a chipper, hope-mongering wreck of a w=
oman who
can only grant chill advice, not comfort. Their daughter Sheila flees he=
r family
through marriage while Joey, a high-school dropout, opts for a career in=
 the
navy and eventually returns from Vietnam. Alone, Johnny takes solace in
pyromania and writing about his family. As Johnny matures, he becomes
increasingly perceptive, revealing with more and more sympathy the under=
lying
causes of so much family misery. In between Johnny's musings are raucous=
 scenes
of catastrophic violence barely held in check by each character's submer=
ged but
instinctual need for the love of one another. In the plays final scenes,=
 part
memory, part hallucination and part truth, Ma is seen through Johnny's e=
yes as
she once was: innocent and flirtatious (even with Johnny), and painfully=

unprepared for her ultimate destination with Pop. The father is also
transfigured in Johnny's imagination: broken, remorseful and unable to i=
dentify
with the mantle of fatherhood that his own traditional upbringing inflic=
ted upon
him. As the forgiving vision begins, Pop and Ma dance to "Danny Boy," th=
e song
to which they used to force their children to dance, but when Joey inter=
rupts he
is struck dead by his father. Johnny ends the play by lighting more matc=
hes,
looking back upon his vision of Joey's death but unable to outrun it.

Romance by David Mamet
7 men (25 - 60)
An exhilarating courtroom farce set against the backdrop of a Middle Eas=
t peace
summit, David Mamet's latest play takes gleeful aim at everything from o=
ur
judicial system to world peace; skewering Catholics, Jews, Gays, podiatr=
ists,
chiropractors, Shakespeare and, of course, lawyers, along the way.

We look forward to seeing you.

Sean & Sean