[NEohioPAL]Last Weekend to Catch Popular "Barnum" at Hudson Players

Gary Maher gmaher at safetythink.com
Thu Feb 23 19:30:22 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C638C8.BBC1E920

Hudson Players Present Final Weekend of "Barnum"

"Show is Great Fun!" "I'm so Glad I Came" "What a great time!" "Wow!" -
Comments from the audience

Okay, you hear it over and over again. I wish somebody would do something
different. Well the Hudson Players have. They're presenting the
circus....well not quite the circus, but a musical about P.T. Barnum - a
name that says circus. A great musical with fun songs, a fast pace, colorful
sets and an interesting story, it's not to be missed (or so says one of the
reviews). It's a guaranteed good time for all .

The Hudson Players are presenting their final weekend of "Barnum" (The
Greatest Musical on Earth) as part of their 61st season of theater
productions at Hudson's Barlow Community Center.  Written by Mark Bramble,
with music by Cy Coleman and lyrics by Michael Stewart, this musical tells
the story of P.T. Barnum and his strong-willed wife, Charity, from 1835
through his final years with The Greatest Show on Earth.

Hudson Players board member, Brian Diehl notes, "Barnum is a great family
show that brings a bit of the circus to the sage. We have a lot of fun
things planned for the audience even beyond the actual show." The musical
story starts with the showman Barnum (played by Gary Maher) as he opens his
'museum of wonders' including Joice Heth (Alicia Boulton) touted as the
oldest woman in the world and General Tom Thumb (Kirk Worcester), the
diminutive sensational attraction only twenty-five inches tall.  With the
arrival of Jenny Lind (Monique MacGregor), the renowned Swedish Nightingale
changes his life drastically and adds a new dimension to Barnum's
relationship with his wife, Chairy (Tisha Eisenhuth).  After dabbling in
politics and city planning, Barnum meets James A. Bailey (Brian Diehl) and
re-joins his circus, creating "The Greatest Show on Earth!"

Barnum remaining performance dates are Friday and Saturday evenings,
February 24 & 25. Show times are at 8:00 p.m..  Ticket prices are $12.00
with discounts for senior citizens, students and groups of ten or more.
Reservations are recommended: 330-655-8522.  Advance sale tickets are
available at The Learned Owl. Tickets will also be available at the door
before each performance, based on availability.

For more information, please contact the Hudson Players at 330-655-8522; or
check out the website at www.hudsonplayers.com

------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C638C8.BBC1E920

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1528" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D6>Hudson Players Present<SPAN=20
class=3D740432603-24022006> Final Weekend of</SPAN> "Barnum"=20
</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D4><SPAN class=3D740432603-24022006>"Show =
is Great=20
Fun</SPAN>!<SPAN class=3D740432603-24022006>" "I'm so Glad I Came" "What =
a great=20
time!" "Wow!" - Comments from the =
audience</SPAN></FONT><BR><BR></FONT>Okay, you=20
hear it over and over again. I wish somebody would do something =
different.=20
Well the Hudson Players have. They're presenting the circus....well not =
quite=20
the circus, but a musical about P.T. Barnum - a name that says circus. A =
great=20
musical with fun songs, a fast pace, colorful sets and an =
interesting=20
story, it's not to be missed (or so says one of the reviews). It's=20
a guaranteed good time for all . </P>
<P>The Hudson Players are presenting<SPAN class=3D740432603-24022006> =
their final=20
weekend of</SPAN> "Barnum" (The Greatest Musical on Earth) as part =
of their=20
61st season of theater productions at Hudson's Barlow Community =
Center. =20
Written by Mark Bramble, with music by Cy Coleman and lyrics by Michael =
Stewart,=20
this musical tells the story of P.T. Barnum and his strong-willed wife, =
Charity,=20
from 1835 through his final years with The Greatest Show on =
Earth. </P>
<P>Hudson Players board member, Brian Diehl notes, "Barnum is a great =
family=20
show that brings a bit of the circus to the sage. We have a lot of fun =
things=20
planned for the audience even beyond the actual show." The musical story =
starts=20
with the showman Barnum (played by Gary Maher) as he opens his 'museum =
of=20
wonders' including Joice Heth (Alicia Boulton) touted as the oldest =
woman in the=20
world and General Tom Thumb (Kirk Worcester), the diminutive sensational =

attraction only twenty-five inches tall.  With the arrival of Jenny =
Lind=20
(Monique MacGregor), the renowned Swedish Nightingale changes his life=20
drastically and adds a new dimension to Barnum's relationship with his =
wife,=20
Chairy (Tisha Eisenhuth).  After dabbling in politics and city =
planning,=20
Barnum meets James A. Bailey (Brian Diehl) and re-joins his circus, =
creating=20
"The Greatest Show on Earth!"</P>
<P>Barnum <SPAN class=3D740432603-24022006>remaining=20
</SPAN>performance <SPAN class=3D740432603-24022006>d</SPAN>ates =
are F<SPAN=20
class=3D740432603-24022006>riday and Saturday evenings, F</SPAN>ebruary =
24 &=20
25. Show times are at 8:00 p.m..  Ticket prices are $12.00 with =
discounts=20
for senior citizens, students and groups of ten or more.  =
Reservations are=20
recommended: 330-655-8522.  Advance sale tickets are available at =
The=20
Learned Owl. Tickets will also be available at the door before each =
performance,=20
based on availability. <BR><BR>For more information, please contact =
the=20
Hudson Players at 330-655-8522; or check out the website at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.hudsonplayers.com">www.hudsonplayers.com</A></P></BODY=