[NEOPAL]Jim Snively Open Mic Info

lenne at mindspring.com lenne at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 19 08:34:34 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Open Mic Nights hosted by Jim Snively at Rider's Inn, Painesville...Johnny Malloy's, Willoughby...and in April, Century Tavern, No. Ridgeville.  Come and see what all the noise is about!

Hi All,
            Just a few quick words about Rider's Inn & Johnny Malloy's.  Rider's Inn has something wonderful going on.  Many of the area's top acoustic performers are showing up and playing their hearts out. Rider's has seen many weeks of elbow to elbow crowds.  Come see for yourself on the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Tuesday of each month.  Sign-up @ 7:30pm at 792 Mentor Avenue, Painesville, Ohio. Come early, it fills up quickly.  www.ridersinn.com

            Johnny Malloy's is finding it's legs and is getting larger each and every Monday.  This past Monday we had 10 players and the beer cheap and food good.  I hope to see as many of you as can make it this coming Monday.  Sign-up is at 7:30pm and we are located at 36245 Euclid Ave in Willoughby, Ohio.   http://www.johnnymalloys.com/willoughby.htm

and......

            I would guess that Open Mikes in one form or another have been around a lot longer than many of us even realize. To my recollection it goes back to the Coffee Houses of New York's Greenwich Village in the mid to late 50's. And, I'm sure it goes back much further than that.  There is probably a book on it somewhere.
            At any rate, there are several such Open Mikes in the Greater Cleveland Area.  One of the newest belonging to two veteran "Open Mikers" Veronica Darby and her husband Chris Nekvinda.  Both are accomplished musicians and long time advocates of Original Acoustic Music.  And in a city known for its Rock n Roll, that is not an easy task. They created a great room at The Brick Alley Cafe in the late 1990's, and again managed the HiFi Acoustic Open Mike before the owners went "metal".  Both venues were popular with us acoustic types.
            Veronica & Chris have recently taken ownership of the Century Tavern (www.centurytavern.com) And have undertaken the monumental task of redecorating a very old tavern to suit their unique needs.  And all this while both hold "day jobs".  Add to this, Chris is almost done in his quest for his Master's degree.  This will happen soon.
            So, Veronica & Chris have asked me Guest Host their weekly Open Mike on Thursdays in April, allowing Chris to get his degree. Considering all they have done locally for the Open Mike format, it is my honor, and privilege, to help out a little.  So, come April, if you have nothing to do on Thursday except watch Law & Order reruns, grab your ax and come out to North Ridgeville to 33312 Center Ridge Rd, just a mile or so south of Avon, have a beer and enjoy their new "kitchen".  Open Mike is from 8pm to 10pm  with sign-up at 7:30pm

Questions: contact Jim at 216-409-1011 or pickrjm at aol.com

 Until then,  keep it in tune
        my name is Jim (LooseChange) Snivley and I thank you.
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>
<DIV><FONT color=#ff0000 size=5>Open Mic Nights hosted by Jim Snively at Rider's Inn, Painesville...Johnny Malloy's, Willoughby...and in April, Century Tavern, No. Ridgeville.  Come and see what all the noise is about!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Hi All,</DIV>
<DIV>            Just a few quick words about Rider's Inn & Johnny Malloy's.  <FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>Rider's Inn</FONT> has something wonderful going on.  Many of the area's top acoustic performers are showing up and playing their hearts out. Rider's has seen many weeks of elbow to elbow crowds.  Come see for yourself on the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Tuesday of each month.  Sign-up @ 7:30pm at 792 Mentor Avenue, Painesville, Ohio. Come early, it fills up quickly.  <A href="http://www.ridersinn.com">www.ridersinn.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>            <FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>Johnny Malloy's</FONT> is finding it's legs and is getting larger each and every Monday.  This past Monday we had 10 players and the beer cheap and food good.  I hope to see as many of you as can make it this coming Monday.  Sign-up is at 7:30pm and we are located at 36245 Euclid Ave in Willoughby, Ohio.   <A href="http://www.johnnymalloys.com/willoughby.htm">http://www.johnnymalloys.com/willoughby.htm</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>and......</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>            I would guess that Open Mikes in one form or another have been around a lot longer than many of us even realize. To my recollection it goes back to the Coffee Houses of New York's Greenwich Village in the mid to late 50's. And, I'm sure it goes back much further than that.  There is probably a book on it somewhere.</DIV>
<DIV>            At any rate, there are several such Open Mikes in the Greater Cleveland Area.  One of the newest belonging to <U>two veteran</U> "Open Mikers" Veronica Darby and her husband Chris Nekvinda.  Both are accomplished musicians and long time advocates of Original Acoustic Music.  And in a city known for its Rock n Roll, that is not an easy task. They created a great room at The Brick Alley Cafe in the late 1990's, and again managed the HiFi Acoustic Open Mike before the owners went "metal".  Both venues were popular with us acoustic types.</DIV>
<DIV>            Veronica & Chris have recently taken ownership of the <FONT color=#ff0000 size=6>Century Tavern</FONT> (<A href="http://www.centurytavern.com">www.centurytavern.com</A>) And have undertaken the monumental task of redecorating a very old tavern to suit their unique needs.  And all this while both hold "day jobs".  Add to this, Chris is almost done in his quest for his Master's degree.  This will happen soon.  </DIV>
<DIV>            So, Veronica & Chris have asked me Guest Host their weekly Open Mike on Thursdays in April, allowing Chris to get his degree. Considering all they have done locally for the Open Mike format, it is my honor, and privilege, to help out a little.  So, come April, if you have nothing to do on Thursday except watch Law & Order reruns, grab your ax and come out to North Ridgeville to 33312 Center Ridge Rd, just a mile or so south of Avon, have a beer and enjoy their new "kitchen".  Open Mike is from 8pm to 10pm  with sign-up at 7:30pm    </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT size=5>Questions: contact Jim at 216-409-1011 or </FONT><A href="mailto:pickrjm at aol.com"><FONT size=5>pickrjm at aol.com</FONT></A></FONT>               </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> Until then,  keep it in tune</DIV>
<DIV>        my name is Jim (LooseChange) Snivley and I thank you.       </DIV></FONT></STRONG></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--