[NEOPAL](Spoof) Auditions for" Mike and Ike Hate You" at Tree City Players

JT Buck jtbuck at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 10 13:42:34 PDT 2006

<P><BR>Needed: 3,000+ Actors (men, women, children, and Manimals)</P>
<P>Various levels of singing, dancing, acting, puppetry, writing, sewing, lighting, designing, phone-calling, back-biting, name-dropping, review-writing, improv-ing, blaspheming, auditioning, pretentious avant-garde deconstructing, investing, panic inducing, soul-exalting, policy-challenging, life changing, publicity and figure skating skills are needed.  Please bring headshots and resumes.  Conversational Portugese a plus.  <BR></P>
<P>For?</P>
<P>The creation of tomorrow's Northeast Ohio Theatre Scene. </P>
<P>What to prepare?</P>
<P>An eclectic, lovingly competitive and hearty mix of theatre events that actually move people.</P>
<P>Processes that are challenging and fun (often both at once, but not always)</P>
<P>A collaborative spirit</P>
<P>A solid commitment to making great theatre by gradually helping each other get better at what we do, and always encouraging newcomers of all ages with patience, conviviality and the occational raspberry flan.  </P>
<P>16 bars of a selection from The Sound of Music (preferably 'Do Re Mi') and 5-10 minutes of a monologue by Neil Simon or Shakespeare.  Or Both.  Those guys new how to crack a one-liner!</P>
<P>and finally...a willingness to embrace our changing culture, and adapt to new and uncertain times with experimental business models and risky artistic choices (including choosing a theatre name that cynics will most certainly taunt.  "Chang & Batter".  What were they thinking!?  Sounds like a hybrid Chinese Buffet/Arthur Treachers.  Ugh.)</P>
<P>Please send all inquiries to:</P>
<P><A href="http://www.welcometotheartsinafreemarketsocietyshakespeareisdeadlonglivetheking.com">www.welcometotheartsinafreemarketsocietyshakespeareisdeadlonglivetheking.com</A></P>
<P>with love, peace and smelling vaguely of BBQ,</P>
<P>JT Buck</P>
<P>Director, Composer, Musician, Pest.  </P>
<P>(Oh, and come see my upcoming contributions to the scene: "Forever Plaid" at the Canton Player's Guild.  May 19-June 4. <A href="http://www.playersguildtheatre.com">www.playersguildtheatre.com</A>  OR my new musical: The Gospel According to Tammy Faye, Opening at the Cincinnatti Fringe Festival June 3.  <A href="http://www.cincyfringe.com">www.cincyfringe.com</A>)</P>
<P>Note:  Even tho I get NeOhioPal in digest form, I've avoided too mich rich text content in this email, because my 'scrolling finger' now has arthritis.  Bad thing for a piano player.  Even a mediocre one.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.  Um.  Bye. </P>
<P> </P></DIV></div></html>