[NEohioPAL]Bodwin Theatre Presents Three One Act Plays of Luigi Pirandello May 5-7

Bodwin Theatre Company bodwin_theatre_company at hotmail.com
Thu May 4 03:43:47 PDT 2006

BODWIN THEATRE COMPANY presents a staged reading of three one-act plays by
Luigi Pirandello, Friday through Sunday, May 5-7.  The performances, offered
at no charge with the support of Actor's Equity, will be held at Notre Dame
College on Friday, May 5 and Saturday May 6 at 8:00 pm, and Sunday, May 7 at
2:00 pm (The Great Room, 3rd Floor Main Building, Notre Dame College).  Each
performance date includes all three of the following one-act plays:

* THE MAN WITH THE FLOWER IN HIS MOUTH (1923) A poetic meditation of how
love, meaning and death quietly creep into our mundane lives as two men chat
idly at an all-night cafe.

* I'M DREAMING, BUT AM I? (1931) Reality and dream intermingle freely as a
woman agonizes over her lover's suspicion of her infidelity.

* THE VISE  (1918) One of the greatest short plays of all time, a savagely
emotional examination of the consequences of infidelity.

The plays will feature TOM CULLINAN, PETER MANOS* and SANDRA MANOS* and are
directed by Peter Manos.

Luigi Pirandello (1867-1936), awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in
1934, made an enormous contribution to the world of dramatic literature,
influencing other dramatists, including Ionesco, Pinter, Beckett, Albee, as
well as artists such as Picasso. COME SEE WHY!

For reservations and more information, call 216.556.4996.
For More Information, Contact:
Kevin Cronin
Bodwin Theatre Company
216.374.7578
Bodwin_Theatre at hotmail.com
http://Bodwin_Theatre.tripod.com

Bodwin Theatre supports the Cleveland Theater Collective (CTC), your
comprehensive source for information about professional theater in northeast
Ohio. www.clevelandtheater.com