[NEohioPAL]Theatre Question

Craig M Russell cmractor at gmail.com
Thu May 4 12:38:28 PDT 2006

------=_Part_49483_12719609.1146771508010

Joe,

Justin is correct, as well as Mrs. Tonti.

I believe in the theatre world, whether professional or community, any
audition you go into, you learn more about yourself and about the craft
itself.

One audition I went on recently for a community theatre show, the director
asked me to sight sing a song I have never sang before with accompanient.
This is not uncommon, but it is also something I have never had to do
before.  I was really nervous!  I didn't think my skills could pull it off.
If I did not go to that audition, I would not know that I do have the
ability to sight sing.

So auditioning for a show that you may not be right for or if there are
parts that are already pre-cast is not a bad idea.  Who knows -- you might
get the understudy of the part you want.  And in the process, you will lear=
more and more about your skills.

Anyone agree with me?
CMR

On 5/4/06, joe fornadel <fornad at apk.net> wrote:

> I have a question:  I've been thinking of auditioning for a play but the
> word on the street is that most of the roles are precast (from reliable
> sources not just gossip)- Sould I audition anyway? Has anyone come across
> this issue before?
> Thanks;
> Joe
>
> _____________________________________
> Ohio Premiere of James Sherman's "From Door to Door" produced by the JCC
> in association with Tri C East Theatre Arts. Directed by Fred Sternfeld;
> featuring Liz Conway, Jeanne Task & Barbara Haas. May 4-21. Tickets.com.
> Special pre-show and post-show appearance and talk-back by playwright Jam=
es
> Sherman at the Saturday, May 13 performance.
> http://www.fredsternfeld.com/fromdoortodoor.htm
> Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solel=
> those of the person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact that thi=
> message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the
> administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for =
all
> goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL.
>
> NEohioPAL mailing list
> NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com

------=_Part_49483_12719609.1146771508010

 audition you go into, you learn more about yourself and about the craft it=
self.</div>
ctor asked me to sight sing a song I have never sang before with accompanie=
nt.  This is not uncommon, but it is also something I have never had t=
o do before.  I was really nervous!  I didn't think my skills cou=
ld pull it off.  If I did not go to that audition, I would not know th=
at I do have the ability to sight sing.
e parts that are already pre-cast is not a bad idea.  Who knows -- you=
 might get the understudy of the part you want.  And in the process, y=
ou will learn more and more about your skills.
oe fornadel</b> <<a href=3D"mailto:fornad at apk.net">fornad at apk.net</a>&gt=
; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">I have a question:  I'=
ve been thinking of auditioning for a play but the<br>word on the street is=
 that most of the roles are precast (from reliable
____________<br>Ohio Premiere of James Sherman's "From Door to Door&qu=
ot; produced by the JCC in association with Tri C East Theatre Arts. Direct=
ed by Fred Sternfeld; featuring Liz Conway, Jeanne Task & Barbara Haas.=
 May 4-21.=20
how appearance and talk-back by playwright James Sherman at the Saturday, M=
ay 13 performance. <a href=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/fromdoortodoor.h=
tm">
http://www.fredsternfeld.com/fromdoortodoor.htm</a><br>____________________=
___________________<br>Fairmount Performing Arts Camp registration now open=
. Details @ <a href=3D"http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac06/index.htm">htt=
p://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac06/index.htm
is list called the "NEoPAL Bulletin Board." Occasionally when &qu=
ot;hot-button" discussions go on more than a day or two, the bulletin =
board is used:=20
The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the=
 person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact th=
at this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by th=
rnfeld.com">NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com</a><br><a href=3D"http://list=