[NEohioPAL]Theatre Question

rebecca morris sammyprude2000 at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 13:19:37 PDT 2006

--0-1076823944-1147033177=:32680

Always Always Always Audition ANYWAY!!!!
  even if the part has already been cast, there are some occasions where the actor/actress cannot continue with the commitment.  And you may be the person the director remembers to recast the part.  Sometimes you could be cast as a chorus member, and used as an understudy or even remembered for an upcoming production.....all of which have happened to me.

  Always Always Always Audition ANYWAY!!!!

R. M.

Craig M Russell <cmractor at gmail.com> wrote:
    Joe,

  Justin is correct, as well as Mrs. Tonti.

  I believe in the theatre world, whether professional or community, any audition you go into, you learn more about yourself and about the craft itself.

  One audition I went on recently for a community theatre show, the director asked me to sight sing a song I have never sang before with accompanient.  This is not uncommon, but it is also something I have never had to do before.  I was really nervous!  I didn't think my skills could pull it off.  If I did not go to that audition, I would not know that I do have the ability to sight sing.

  So auditioning for a show that you may not be right for or if there are parts that are already pre-cast is not a bad idea.  Who knows -- you might get the understudy of the part you want.  And in the process, you will learn more and more about your skills.

  Anyone agree with me?
  CMR

  On 5/4/06, joe fornadel <fornad at apk.net> wrote:   I have a question:  I've been thinking of auditioning for a play but the
word on the street is that most of the roles are precast (from reliable
sources not just gossip)- Sould I audition anyway? Has anyone come across
this issue before?
Thanks;
Joe

Ohio Premiere of James Sherman's "From Door to Door" produced by the JCC in association with Tri C East Theatre Arts. Directed by Fred Sternfeld; featuring Liz Conway, Jeanne Task & Barbara Haas. May 4-21. Tickets.com. Special pre-show and post-show appearance and talk-back by playwright James Sherman at the Saturday, May 13 performance. http://www.fredsternfeld.com/fromdoortodoor.htm
Fairmount Performing Arts Camp registration now open. Details @ http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac06/index.htm
Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL.

NEohioPAL mailing list
NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com