[NEohioPAL]Singers: Use your Voice, Make a Difference (paid gig)

JT Buck jtbuck at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 13:15:37 PDT 2007

Dear Firends and Colleagues, please pass this on to anyone who may be
interested...

Are you an awesome professional or student vocalists looking for a place to
use your passion, not just your technique?

In Akron, we have positions are available for Tenors, Basses, Sopranos and
Altos (in that order of urgency) who are able to sing lead vocals, and lead
sections of singers.

Ability to sing a wide diversity of music (Including Musical theatre,
rock/folk, and classical/choral) is desirable, but candidates who posess
special proficiency in particular areas will also be considered.

First Grace UCC is an Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church
of Christ.  We are expanding our music and arts offerings to our church and
west Akron community in 2007-08.  Read on:

Singers will have the following opportunities:

- Section Leadership in 'Pressin' On', our weekly sunday morning choir (with
8-piece band) open to all in our community, especially those who've been
thru hard times. Rep will range from traditional church music to Dylan,
Beatles and more.

- "First Grace Notes", our audition-only group singing more advanced music,
roughly 2 times a month.

- Several additional gigs at other progressive churches, bars, clubs, and
community events throughout the year.

- Perform in plays/musicals on our new theatre season.

- Attend developmental conferences/workshops.

- Qualified candidates may also be offered teaching in one of several
afterschool/summer programs.

The gig begins in mid-august and runs weekly through may, and possible
summer extensions.

Starting pay ranges from $10-$20 and hour based on experience. Work weeks
range from 5 to 20 hours.   A perfect gig for advanced high-school studetns,
college students and professionals.

To schedule an appointment, EMAIL resume/vita to jtbuck at hotmail.com by June
1st.

Auditions will occur until all positions are filled.

NOTE:  No particular religious affiliation is required.  Just soul, some
training, and a passion for your art.

As always, we're NOT a great gig for the jaded and snooty.  Our singers must
be flexible team players with a willingness to put our community's needs
ahead of their own artistic 'agenda'

www.firstgraceucc.org

Live Hotmail.