[NEohioPAL] What's happening at Precinct 13 Entertainment...

Alan Tuskes spfx1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 12 05:15:47 PST 2007

Well folks, I thought I might share a bit of information about what's
up at P13, Ohio's premiers effects and production facility,  and give some tips on DVD's you can give as gifts to your
independent film making friends.

First on the list: "Buried Alive", directed by P13's Robert Kurtzman
in New Mexico last year, featuring makeup and visual effects by the
gang at P13, was released by Dimension Extreme on October 23, and can
be found at your local video rental store, Best Buy, etc. Actually,
every time I'm at Blockbuster, the darned thing is checked out.
Hopefully the distributer will get a box of them to us so we don't
have to go out and buy the thing.

"Hallowed Ground", directed by long time friend David Benullo,
featuring makeup effects by the boils and ghouls at P13 (Sorry. I had
a Forrie moment there....) hit the shelves on October 9th. Really low
budget affair, but pretty well crafted and a lot of fun to watch. You
can't go wrong with a boogedy scarecrow.

For an even more up to the minute release, "Undead or Alive", the
zombie western we did makeup and visual effects for in New Mexico
last year, was released December 11th. Starring Chris Kattan and
James Denton and directed by Glascow Phillips, it's really a ball
(And I usually can't stand Chris Kattan!)

"Living Hell", the last of The Horror Chronicles films that were shot
in New Mexico, has made a deal with the SciFi Channel, and from what
I heard will be on sometime in February. Featuring makeup and visual
effects by Precinct 13, look for it as one of those SciFi world
premiere events....

Final release info.... Universal Home Entertainment will be releasing
Robert Kurtzman's "The Rage" on DVD on February 26th, 2008. Entirely
locally financed and produced, a number of the folks who frequent these
postings were involved in it's creation, and it promises to be one of
the most thrilling roller coaster rides you'll ever see.

Upcoming films to look for that we've been working on lately...

P13 artists will be wrapping up work after a three month shoot in New
Mexico this week on the set of Will Eisner's "The Spirit. The film,
which is being directed by Frank Miller, looks to be a Christmas
theatrical release for next year. Makeup effects are by Precinct 13,
as well as the all important mask for the Spirit himself (I made 75
of the damned things. If yer good to me....)

"The Dead Matter" was produced out of the P13 studio this last
summer, and is currently in editorial. Once again all Ohio residents
helped fill both cast and crew positions, and we're looking forward
to getting our hands on some footage to do our VFX magic in the
coming months.

While we were Dead Mattering here, Bob was back in New Mexico this
summer directing "To Live and Die", an action thriller starring Sean
Patrick Flanery and Joe Pantoliano. The film is currently here being
edited, and I'm trying to juggle my duties on makeup effects
on "Slaughter", and supervising the VFX on Bob's movie to make sure
that those get done by the time he gets to sound mix.

And speaking of VFX, tucked in there is handling some VFX work
for "Ghouls", directed by Precinct 13's other director-in-residence,
Gary Jones, which was shot for a sinfully low amount of money during
a 14 day shoot in Bulgaria earlier this year. It's already been
picked up by the SciFi channel for a spring 2008 airing.

As always, please send your updated resumes letting us know what
you're up to. We appear to have even bigger/better on the horizon for
the upcoming year, and want to get the local crew folks involved as
much as possible.

Thanks for looking, and have a Happy Holiday season.

Al,
The Calm P13 Guy

Alan Tuskes

Alternative Realities - Motion Picture Special Effects
www.alternative-realities.com
216-701-9192

Precinct 13 Entertainment
Pushing the Limits!
www.p13entertainment.com

Visit the website for Precinct 13's newest film....
Robert Kurtzman's  "The Rage" at www.theragefilm.com