[NEohioPAL] age 16 - Adult: "Acting Great Shakespeare roles" with Tom Fulton at FC

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 08:45:29 PST 2008

Fairmount Center for the Arts
This class will be held  at our Cuyahoga Central Campus in the Mayfield
Village Performing Arts Center  right off of I-271
6622 Wilson Mills Rd.
at  the corner of
Wilson Mills and SOM Center Rd. (Ohio Rt. 91)
To register call  440-338-3171
 (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/)
 (http://www.fairmountcenter.org/)
SHAKESPEARE FOR 16 & UP:  Acting the Great Roles  of William Shakespeare
Instructor: Tom Fulton Nine  Sessions
Tuesdays, Starting January 15, 2008 6:30-9:30 p.m. Fee:  $195.00
Audit Fee: $25.00 per class.
This class opens up a  treasure chest of information about acting Shakespeare,
bringing his  remarkable characterizations and language in reach
of the contemporary actor.  Our focus is on script analysis, the analysis
of speech (diction, rhythm,  vocal melody, imagery), and the wealth of
tips, clues and even ‘stage  directions’ from the bards own pen through
deconstructing his verse.

We discover the human heartbeat beneaththe words and then apply the work  of
Stanislavsky to the speeches andscenes. A new kind of ‘action’ is explored:
the action of speech, acting dramatic or comic poetry.

Students will work  on monologues and two-person scenes with accompanying
vocal, scansion and  action exercises.
Text: Building a Character Scene Work: Two person  scenes and monologues
from  Shakespeare.