[NEohioPAL] African Dance/Birthday party in Cleveland this weekend!

African Soul International sistajewel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 13:15:40 PST 2008

Peace family~It's my birthday!  And we are REALLY about to party!  Saturday night, I am having a Birthday\Graduation (CSU)/Guest welcoming party and EVERYONE is welcome, plenty of food and fun, this will be at Lil Afrika on 6816 Superior.

  The party will be attended by the guest artists (N'deye and Hamidou) as well as Papa Susso (Kora player from Gambia), and his balafone player- Bala :)-for real, that's his name!

  This is a reminder of the workshops this weekend with N'deye Gueye of Senegal, and Papa Hamidou Koivoigui of Guinea, in Cleveland- our musicians will be Cheikh N'dong, Baba Amadou Drame, Mamadou Gnigue (all of Senegal...) and Vincent Goulet of The Ivory Coast, as well as my baby Sanu who spent 7 months in The Gambia :), and a few great community drummers.

  The workshops begin this Friday at 6 p.m. at the Cory Rec. Center, then on Saturday and Sunday they will be held at The Masonic Temple and Performing Arts Center, beginning at 3 p.m.

  Email me for more info, and I hope to see ya on the dance flo'

Check us out online!  Updates, performances, classes, schedules, and more...

  www.africansoulinternational.org