[NEohioPAL] Scott Mann Abstract Photography Exhibit In Rocky River

Matt Cook mattcook at studioof5rings.com
Fri Mar 28 18:35:49 PDT 2008

Studio of 5 Rings Announces
Scott Mann Show Opens April 18th
Rocky River, Ohio - March 28, 2008 - Studio of 5 Rings presents abstract
digital works from local artist Scott Mann. The show will open with a wine,
cheese and appetizer reception Friday April 18th from 5:00 - 9:00pm. Mann
will be on hand to answer questions about his works. the show will run until
Saturday June 14th

Scott Mann - Having worked as a model and photo assistant for hometown
friend and now New York based photographer Steve Vaccariello, Scott
developed an interest to be behind the lens. It was Vaccariello who actually
gave Scott his first camera. Scott has been shooting a variety of media over
the years. His most recent interest is 'digital painting' on his images,
which has created his latest works.
Mann's digital works begin with an ordinary image which he "morphs" into an
abstract work. The digital painting process first begins with one of his own
original photos. A working 'wet' palette is then created from the selected
photo. By using a mouse or pen palette, he uses a variety of brushes,
styles, textures and techniques to create his abstract image.

About Studio of 5 Rings
We are an art gallery and micro winery - bringing art and wine together the
way they were meant to be. View new local art and enjoy a glass of wine
hand-crafted and bottled in Rocky River.
*	ART GALLERY - We feature artists primarily from NE Ohio to showcase
local art talent. Each artist has a focused, solo show that runs 4-6 weeks.
*	WINERY - We import grapes from California and Chile. The grapes are
then fermented and bottled right here in Rocky River.

Matt Cook
STUDIO OF 5 RINGS, LLC
20160 Center Ridge Rd., #210
Rocky River, OH  44116