[NEohioPAL] 48 Hour Film Project--Registration now open!

Brian Bowers bjbowers4584 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 08:28:07 PDT 2008

As of this Monday, the registration is officially open for the 48 Hour Film Project! Go to www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland to register or to get more information. Teams that register before July 16th will receive an early-bird discount.

 The dates of this year's contest are August 8, 9, and 10th, and all of the films will be screened on Wednesday August 13th in the Cedar Lee Theatre. For more information on the 48 Hour Film Project, go to www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland.

The 48HFP is an international film contest that celebrates filmmaking by combining film and video production in a festival-like setting, in which film teams have 48 hours to complete the entire filmmaking process (from writing to directing to editing) before the public screening. Currently in its 8th year (this is the second year Cleveland has participated), the contest is underway in over 70 cities, both in the US and
 internationally. Films are judged at the screening for various awards, and there are also opportunities for films to move on to regional and/or national contests and screenings, including the Fall Shootout, Panasonic/48HFP HD Showdown,, and Filmapalooza, where teams can compete for cash and prizes. In addition to the public screening, all films will be streamed online at www.48.tv.

This year's Cleveland City Producer of the 48HFP will be Brian Bowers. Brian currently works as an agent at the Talent Group in Cleveland, as well as running a photography studio (www.braedyphoto.com). Brian is excited to be a part of this year's 48HFP, and hopes he can make it a bigger success than last year's contest: "I think there's a great independent film community in the Cleveland area, and I know people are going to be surprised and excited at the level of films that get produced from this contest. I'm looking forward to helping the teams have a successful contest, and
 hopefully give Cleveland some of the good rep that it deserves!" According to Bowers, one of the keys to this year's 48HFP will be making it exciting for everyone--the filmmakers, the actors, and the community. One of the first steps towards that goal for Bowers was seeking help from Anatomy Nightclub (www.anatomycleveland.com). "Anatomy is probably one of the hottest clubs in Cleveland right now, and they are already catering to an upscale entertainment/fashion crowd, so to me the partnership made sense for everyone. In addition to giving us a really cool place for our kickoff and drop-off events, we're also talking about putting together a wrap party and maybe even a networking meet & greet. This will provide us with a consistent meeting place for all of the events surrounding the contest, plus Anatomy is a great place to drink, have a good time, and network with other members of the entertainment community."

Registration will for the
 48HFP is currently open! For more information or for registration, please go to www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland. To reach Brian Bowers, Cleveland City Producer, you may email him at cleveland at 48hourfilm.com