[NEohioPAL] i want your VIDEOS

Geoff Short geoffshort at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 18 09:24:08 PDT 2008

In terms of promoting a show, I don't think the issue is so much one
of using extended footage of an actual performance during it's run
(which can be a sticky legal issue).  Linda is right, very few people
beyond the cast and their immediate acquaintances might care to watch
that anyway.  The more interesting story of any particular show is
what happens back stage and behind the scenes.  What went into the
making of this show.  This is what I've based the Call-Back cable and
on-line theatre documentary series on - reality TV based on community
theatre productions!  I've been fortunate to be invited to document
productions at a number of different theatres for Call-Back. I've
found that interviews with different theatre artists, cast members,
snippets of numbers or scenes from rehearsals, etc. can really be
interesting to larger audiences. I've tried to make viewers feel like
a part of these shows themselves by putting together series of
episodes they can follow throughout the rehearsal process. This can be
really effective in generating buzz and interest in shows if the
episodes are edited in interesting ways and as professionally as
possible.  And there are no legal restrictions on talking to (non-
equity) cast and crew, etc.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Geoff Short
geoffshort at sbcglobal.net

Visit Some Enchanted Evening coming to Huntington Playhouse!
Great theatre is always close to home at The Cassidy Theatre!
Visit CAMEO's hot Summer musical Thoroughly Modern Millie ! CLICK HERE!
Check out The Avenue one of Cleveland's hottest showbands!