[NEohioPAL] Docherty vs. Talent Group- need advice

Anonymous Public anonymous.public at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 08:50:22 PDT 2008

Hey all-

I need some advice and am hoping some good folks out there have answers...

by some stroke of luck or bad timing both Docherty and Talent Group have recently reached out to me/"accepted" me as someone they'll work with/represent.  I have not signed anything with anyone and have meetings set with both for the week of the 8th where I would gather we're going over what it means to work with them, receive paperwork, etc.

Any advice on who I should go with?  Do they have significant differences?

 My current situation is that I have no union affiliations and am interested in becoming SAG eligible as well as Equity (I love both mediums) as soon as possible.

I'm all about moving to NYC or LA in a year or two and am hoping to be as prepared as possible before taking the plunge and maybe having a leg up on everyone who just moves out there thinking "I got this"  Is one agency better for working towards this goal?  Is one better for working in Cleveland without planning on heading out to a bigger market?

Please let me know- I've heard good things about both.

Thank you very much for any assistance,

Chris Tabernathy