[NEohioPAL] Docherty vs. Talent Group- need advice

Bellaguzzo at aol.com Bellaguzzo at aol.com
Fri Aug 29 09:27:36 PDT 2008

Could you please post this info to the group- this could be helpful to
others that are wondering the same.
thanks, Annette

In a message dated 8/29/2008 11:00:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
anonymous.public at yahoo.com writes:

Hey all-

I need some advice and am hoping some good folks out there have  answers...

by some stroke of luck or bad timing both Docherty and Talent Group have
recently reached out to me/"accepted" me as someone they'll work  with/represent.
 I have not signed anything with anyone and have meetings  set with both for
the week of the 8th where I would gather we're going over  what it means to
work with them, receive paperwork, etc.

Any advice on who I should go with?  Do they have significant  differences?

 My current situation is that I have no union affiliations and am  interested
in becoming SAG eligible as well as Equity (I love both mediums) as  soon as
possible.

I'm all about moving to NYC or LA in a year or two and am hoping to be as
prepared as possible before taking the plunge and maybe having a leg up on
everyone who just moves out there thinking "I got this"  Is one agency  better for
working towards this goal?  Is one better for working  in Cleveland without
planning on heading out to a bigger market?

Please let me know- I've heard good things about both.

Thank you very much for any assistance,

Chris Tabernathy

one-at-a-time  delivery or vice-versa, go on hiatus while out of town, switch
from mime to  plain text or vice-versa, etc. check out the FAQS at
http://www.fredsternfeld.com.
please  consider a voluntary contribution to support Neohiopal -
http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm#support

deal here.