[NEohioPAL] Waiting on Refund Check

BB at BruckenStudio.com BB at BruckenStudio.com
Tue Mar 3 05:00:46 PST 2009

Sorry Michelle, but I don't think your photographer did anything wrong, and I think it's wrong to spread negative info about him. Why do you think he took the deposit in the first place? Why does any business take deposits? It is either to hold an item for you or to guaranty that you'll show up for your appointment. Did he explain why he was taking the deposit? Did he explain that it was non-refundable? Did you ask?

I'm not trying to beat you up over this, but your photographer, like many, many businesses, take deposits because of customers like you. He had to schedule a time for you, a time he could have scheduled a paying customer. Perhaps he had to purchase supplies for the shoot or reserve a studio to do the shoot. Even if he didn't, it all gets lumped together to cover expenses caused by "no-show" customers.

If he had charged you for the entire shoot, he would probably owe you a partial refund. You're lucky he didn't charge you up front for the entire shoot! He must have explained his policy or you wouldn't have just given him a check.

I've been a businessman all of my life, and I have owned all or part of 15 businesses in my lifetime. I have also been a customer of countless businesses. It is generally understood that deposits are almost always non-refundable if you don't show for your appointment. You shouldn't post negative things about the photographer. What if he were posting your name all over town saying "don't do business with her, she's a no-show." There are a lot of photographers who subscribe to this list, and I'm sure some would be leery of doing business with you. I'm sure they would take a deposit and explain that it is a "non-refundable" deposit.
____________________
Bill Brucken
BruckenStudio.com
216-387-5757
BB at BruckenStudio.com
www.BruckenStudio.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michelle Rosario
  To: neohiopal at listserve.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:10 AM
  Subject: [NEohioPAL] Waiting on Refund Check

  Thank you to all for all of your advice regarding the photo shoot deposit.  I have not heard back from photographer but I have filed a Ripoff Report.  Never knew of such a site until I heard from all of you.  The photographer is based in Vermilion, Ohio but uses a studio in Cleveland.  He is "Photography by Michael Chevalier", christael photo. He didn't lose any money with my cancellation but yet he was unwilling to even give me 1/2 of my retainer.  He had already spent it so he couldn't give it back.  I wish that I had put a stop payment on the check but didn't think of it until after it was cashed.  Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe if he were to hear others opinions he might give in.  We'll see only time will tell.  Thanks everyone.  Also if you know of any local agents my kids are daughter 8 and son 12.

        God bless,

        Michelle

  please consider a voluntary contribution to support Neohiopal - http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm#support
  Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the person in the 'from' or 'reply-to' header. The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL.