[NEohioPAL] Waiting on Refund Check

anastasjoy at aol.com anastasjoy at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 06:35:22 PST 2009

As a photographer who used to do band photos for a living, I have to
back up what Bill said. Bands are notoriously unreliable, and often
decided at any place in the process that they didn't have to pay you.
My favourite (and this was back in the days when most of your "profit"
went into film and processing) was bands who came to the session and
never called to pick up the proof sheets because someone left the band
right after that and they didn't feel they ought to pay. That's when i
started getting all my money at the session and not when they picked up
the proofs. Deposits are specifically intended to insure that you show
up, and if you think there is any chance that you might not be going
through with a session, it's not time to book it yet. I might be a
little more sympathetic if a family member had died and you had to
cancel due to a funeral, but your finances should be worked out and
money set aside before you book a session and put down a deposit.