[NEohioPAL] Waiting on Refund Check

michael goulis goulismp at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:58:10 PST 2009

Dear Michelle-

I did not see your first post but feel I have been brought up to speed well enough to make this statement:

As a law abiding, tax-paying, (and in my personal life) frugal young man who never commits to buying or buys anything he can’t afford (I’m addicted to saving!) and has thus “suffered” for not being “cool enough” in our ridiculously flaky* and material culture, I am getting a bit sick of hearing whining stories from people who  1. Should have known better to begin with and 2.  Could not, due to ego (?) or fiscal responsibility (see: root of financial crisis) live reasonably within their means, despite how reasonable those means may be (see: housing crisis, 800k homes for bus drivers, etc.).  Conversely, I’m kind of getting a kick out of seeing them get what they have coming to them.

Recognize that you alone are not responsible for the financial troubles our nation is currently involved in as an individual, but that it is EXACTLY the behavior you exhibit, and I’d assume frequently, that on the aggregate has lead us to our current state.  Not only are individuals not accepting responsibility for their decisions but as the number of those not accepting responsibility is so large that the burden is being pushed financially, culturally, socially, or otherwise (see: general bad vibes) onto the greater un-deserving populous.

Are you satisfied with the situation?  I’d assume probably not as very few are really profiting in the current environment.  Perhaps then you should consider changing YOURSELF before projecting onto others who have done nothing wrong.  Until then, consider yourself part of the demographic best labeled “Part of the problem.” Enjoy that.

Good luck in Hollywood,

Mike “pay your bills first” Goulis

*    “I’ve made a commitment, but it doesn’t make me happy (and me being happy is by far the main reason the earth goes round the moon) so I MUST rescind and I’d prefer not be responsible for this because responsibility doesn’t make me happy either”- Average American.

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me