[NEohioPAL] The Illusion Factory's 2009-2010 Tour Season

barbaraballance at theillusionfactory.org barbaraballance at theillusionfactory.org
Thu Mar 12 08:43:17 PDT 2009

We are pleased to announce
The Illusion Factory's 2009-2010 Touring Season

IF YOU TAKE A MOUSE TO SCHOOL

Enjoy the charming, hilarious adaptation of the Laura Numerofchildren’s bestseller, “If You Take A Mouse To School”.This play is about a young boy who takes a mouse to school, and how the day’s events tumult into hilarity and hijinks!Adapted by Ernie Nolan for the Emerald City Theatre of Chicago, IL, the play is for preschools through grades five, and is produced to teach sequential thinking, problem solving, and responsibility.

TROUBLED WATERS

Our second production, “Troubled Waters”, is by award-winner Brian Kral.This play, for fifth through twelfth graders, is based on an actual happening which took place in 1982 in the Florida Everglades.It is about an overpopulation of deer, a planned “mercy kill”, and how one family is affected by the events.The play is designed to open up lively discussion afterwards regarding the same problem we share in Ohio, and especially our very own Cuyahoga Valley.
RESIDENCY WORKSHOPS
Book early for a day-long event of educational and enlightening workshops followed by a production!The cast of either show can arrive early in the morning with its 3-5 actors, set up, and teach 12-20 workshops (30 minutes in length).Then the entire school can see the production of their choice in the afternoon.The workshops are relevant to the productions, and meet Ohio’s educational content standards.
Call 330-836-1353 or email barbaraballance at theillusionfactory.com now for your choice of dates and times.