[NEohioPAL] Oklahoma Auditions at Huntington Playhouse

Geoff Short geoffshort at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 26 06:24:00 PDT 2009

HUNTINGTON PLAYHOUSE ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR OKLAHOMA!

Come be a part of this beautiful Rodgers and Hammerstein classic this
Summer!

Sunday April 19, 2009 - 5p-8p
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 7p-10p
Call-Backs, Thursday April 23, 2009- 7p

Please e-mail the director at geoffshort at sbcglobal.net to schedule an
audition time.

at Huntington Playhouse
28601 Lake Rd.
Bay Village, Ohio 44140
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS TO HUNTINGTON PLAYHOUSE

Huntington Playhouse is a licensed affiliate of the Cleveland
Metroparks.

Directed by Geoff Short
Musical Direction by Kira Seaton
Choreography by Alex Tepe

FOR MORE INFORMATION, INCLUDING ROLE DESCRIPTIONS, SYNOPSIS AND MORE,
LOG ONTO THE OKLAHOMA WEBSITE AT WWW.OKLAHOMA.8K.COM!

This is a non-equity production.  All roles are open.  PLEASE NOTE:
THIS IS A FOUR-WEEK RUN from July 9, 2009-August 2nd, 2009.  Four
shows per week, Thurs.-Sat.  8p and Sundays at 2p.  Rehearsals will
start on May 10th and will generally be for 3 hours on Tuesdays at 7
pm, Thursdays at 7pm and Sundays at 5pm until tech week.  Some
additional dance/music rehearsals may be required. Detailed rehearsal
schedule will be available shortly.

NOTE:  Oklahoma is a musical in large part about the themes of our
country as home and a look at the culture of a people making a new
home in a soon to be new state.  As such the musical should reflect
the beauty of our country’s multi-cultural heritage - Native
Americans, African-Americans, Asian Americans, Latin Americans and
more.  The director is committed to casting without regard to race,
color or national origin and performers of all ethnicities and colors
are encouraged to audition.

We are seeking strong singers that ideally have dance experience.
Also seeking strong dancers with ballet experience.  Ages 16 and up
please.  If under 18 years of age please have a parent or guardian
contact the director for an audition time and consent to participate
in this production.  Please prepare a musical selection and bring
sheet music in the correct key. Accompanist will be provided. No a
cappella or recorded accompaniment please.   Dress comfortably for
dance/movement portion of the audition.   Auditions will consist of
individual vocal auditions.  Singers will then be combined into small
groups for dance/movement auditions.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!