[NEohioPAL] 24 hour theatre

S Gavitt sgavitt at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:44:10 PDT 2009

5th Annual 24 Hour Theatre Aug 7-8

What is 24 Hour Theatre? Everyone wishing to participate will meet at the theatre on Friday night at 7:30pm. Late Friday night 5 playwriting teams will each write a 10-15 minute play to be staged, rehearsed and performed in front of an audience at 8pm the next day (24 hours later!) Actors and directors spend all day Saturday getting acquainted with the script as it unfolds on Saturday night in front of a live audience (in a completed state or not!) It puts experts and “newbies’ on the same playing field, providing nearly instant gratification for all! It’s like the creative process on speed.

Want to write or direct? Deadline is July 13
Please email twentyfourhourtheatre at hotmail.com. Writer and director positions fill up fast (limited spots available)

***Yes it is only JUNE, but we have already received some responses to write and direct. If you are interested in writing or directing don't wait until the last minute. We can only take enough writers/directors for 5 teams.

Want to Act? Please email twentyfourhourtheatre at hotmail.com to preregister. Come to TNT at 7:30pm Friday August 7. Please prepare a 1 minute monologue for auditions.

****We highly encourage preregistering - it makes everyones job easier and we can get a good estimate as to how much food we will need.

We need an audience Saturday, August 8 at 8pm
Come to TNT August 8 (doors open at 7:30pm) to watch the outcome of this 24 Hour Theatre Experiment. Doors open at 7:30pm. Cost is $3 donation at the door.

Cost: $3 donation for all participants (this is different than previous years as this will help us cover the cost of food)

For More Info email twentyfourhourtheatre at hotmail.com
or see blog at http://24hourtheatre.blogspot.com/

theatre website http://www.trumbullnewtheatre.com/
Trumbull New Theatre 5883 Youngstown Warren Rd SE Niles, OH 44446
***we are a volunteer community theatre located in Niles, OH near Youngstown.

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now